Controversy in WGI and DCI

Well, I wouldn't go so far as recommending we use " sensors " like water pressure, chemicals, thermal heat, etc and the like on children , as you can bet your life that'd " be awful " for the child ( lol!... 'sorry, couldn't resist, Guardling, as I'm pretty sure you really meant " censors " here. )

no I meant sensors....lol.....ZAP....just kidding....either way meaning extreme behavior, and both horrible ideas. I do bet there would be a few who would love to be the activity " censor " :lle:

Edited by GUARDLING

I do bet there would be a few who would love to be the activity " censor " :lle:

Lois Lerner immediately comes to mind as being up to the task if called upon as a third party observer, but she's not returning phone calls from anyone these days.

I think you know the answer to this question, Stu.... it simply means that parents need to be ever vigilant with their children as there are misguided adults out and about that are seemingly anaware, or worse, unconcerned, with wholly inappropriate shows that will be shown to general public audiences where children will be present... andi n this case, a theme chosen by a WGI entry in competition.

But it is the misguided adults who feel it is ok to present thematic material like Kama Sutra (in any form) in front of kids within a musical event where they know kids of young age will attend; and it is those misguided adults who also make us parents cringe to take our kids pretty much anywhere out in public now to watch many other events which used to be innocuous family outings. One of the fondest memories of my childhood was watching the NFL with my dad and going to a few games. Now, I have gotten to the point that I have to record and edit NFL games to watch with my kids, especially the Super Bowl, due to the over the top sexualizing twerking innuendoes presented in the commercials and the half time performances. And in no way will I ever take one of my kids anymore to a live NFL game because of what happens in the parking lot tail gating parties and the vulgarity of the many drunks in the stands. So go ahead those of you defending Kama Sutra shows at WGI; it is now your world in which you made.

didnt I tell you Brasso there are those who would love the job of censor. The judgement passers of the world.usually those are the worst and the ones to stay clear of.and certainly don't want my kids around for sure..lol

is this fox news?,...lol I do admit it's a guilty pleasure of mine., a good laugh nightly. :augen51:

But everyone is entitled to their own way of thinking and make choices for themselves. Viewing something and whats acceptable for an individual is a right whether something has sexual content, religious or political implications and an offence to a person personally.

Again I will say I do not think there is anything to worry about in DCI or WGI and if something creeps in and is way over the top it's usually taken care of. Designers, good designers know how to approach a subject with taste I believe.

There are always going to be things that will offend most everyone so we just move on until an over the top approach takes place.

I must admit though It always makes me laugh ( see it on some talking head shows ) when one condemns something about love or something sexual ( within taste,but have no issues with be headings, gang fighting,guns, some brutal part of history, murder etc etc. Sad! but to each his own I suppose. Not my job to judge.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 2

th-2_zpsd3f53474.jpeg

Edited by fsubone
  • Like 2

Well before this thread takes the usual path, I'd like to say that all this talk about WGI makes me want to renew my fan network subscription. There are lots of shows that I haven't seen yet.

there's some great ones...youre right about the usual path so Im out,....lol...I spent 2 weeks in Dayton and was reminded whats really important in the activity and for sure what has no relevance at all. I saw some great things happen ( The real activity ) minus all the bull that the activity attracts sometimes. I watched some of my teams succeed at some incredible levels and are very proud. Reminds me of all the good I have been able to do and what accomplishments I have witnessed . The negativity in WGI and DCI is such the minority and I know those on that filed and floor will take us into the future and do many of us very proud.

Enjoy watching, I'm sure there will be lots to love.

Edited by GUARDLING

I'm going to watch another one of Fantasia's controversial shows.....the one where they were snowflakes.

Seriously - that was an incredible show.

it was for sure...they had many great shows....remember the show with the table?..fantastic...watch Aimachi percussion 2010 Ice...i think you might like it...amazing

Edited by GUARDLING