Controversy in WGI and DCI

Well spirit had their show girl in 2012

And Bluecoats had the thief strip out of her prison jumpsuit in 07

Wasn't there some WGI show in the early 2000s that said like "90% of females are closet whores" or something along those lines?

Anyone remember this? I can't remember...

Wasn't there some WGI show in the early 2000s that said like "90% of females are closet whores" or something along those lines?

Whoa.. if true, whoever inserted and allowed THAT into their WGI show certainly came out of the closet and revealed themselves to be a crude misogynist. I'd say this absolutely fits into the category of " controversial ", and also of " pushing the boundaries " of what can only be described as uncommonly bad taste and judgment. My guess is this never actually happened however, as my sense is that the many good and decent people in WGI would have nipped this in the bud.( one would naturally hope, anyway. )

Edited by BRASSO

Anyone remember Victoriaville from Canada? The naughty catholic school girls show, dressed like Brit. Spears naughty school girl. They were great! The Canadians seem to be a little more free in thought BITD.I think it was the early 90s . There was also another guard ( can't remember the name ) who the guys were in speedos or smaller and that;''s it. It was some sight.lol

Whoa.. if true, whoever inserted and allowed THAT into their WGI show certainly came out of the closet and revealed themselves to be a crude misogynist. I'd say this absolutely fits into the category of " controversial ", and also of " pushing the boundaries " of what can only be described as uncommonly bad taste and judgment. My guess is this never actually happened however, as my sense is that the many good and decent people in WGI would have nipped this in the bud.( one would naturally hope, anyway. )

Unfortunately, I've heard the story from too many independent sources for it to have not happened.

Anyone remember Victoriaville from Canada? The naughty catholic school girls show, dressed like Brit. Spears naughty school girl. They were great!

Yes, but is this really all that controversial, anymore ? " Controversial " would be if you did a show depicting naughty Muslim girls without burkas, but dressed up like a naughty Brit. Spears girl. We've seen the other stuff portrayed so much now that we are all seemingly numb to it by now. But if somebody did what I just described, that'd fit the bill of a modern day " controversial show" that likewise would " push the boundaries" and except for changing the religion spoofed, we can all agree, thematically, and substantively, they are pretty much identical in nature, correct ?. The only difference I see is that it would make the controversy needle move a lot further along the dial however, .. .... and it'd probably even make the national and international news outlets too . Would you agree ?

Edited by BRASSO

Yes, but is this really all that controversial, anymore ? " Controversial " would be if you did a show depicting naughty Muslim girls without burkas, but dressed up like a naughty Brit. Spears girl. We've seen the other stuff portrayed now so much that we are numb to it. But if somebody did what I just described that'd fit the bill of a modern day " controversial show" that likewise would " push the boundaries and except for changing the religion spoofed, we can all agree, thematically, and substantively, they are pretty much identical in nature. The only difference I see is that it would make the controversy needle move a lot further along the dial, imo. Would you agree ?

Oh for sure. That show today would be nothing at all. There are so many things in life that are so different now. That needle as you say has moved quite a bit. Look at what's allowed on tv today compared to even a few years ago. even the comedy's are doing topics which would nevr have been done as little as 5-10 years ago.

Oh for sure. That show today would be nothing at all. There are so many things in life that are so different now. That needle as you say has moved quite a bit. Look at what's allowed on tv today compared to even a few years ago. even the comedy's are doing topics which would nevr have been done as little as 5-10 years ago.

Regettably, so true. One casual glance of whats on tv, and its a veritable cesspool, interspersed occasionally by shows that are enobling, and with worth. I don't envy parents with young children these days. They have their hands full monitoring the suitability of their shows for their children's watching... now, more than ever..

Edited by BRASSO

Regettably, so true. One casual glance of whats on tv, and its a veritable cesspool, interspersed occasionally by shows that are enobling, and with worth. I don't envy parents with young children these days. They have their hands full monitoring the suitability of their shows for their children's watching... now, more than ever..

I think like with everything , there's the good and bad but I hear ya. Forget TV, remember we didn't have the internet. Think about trying to monitor that and how you can get access to anything on your phone. Scary .

I think like with everything , there's the good and bad but I hear ya. Forget TV, remember we didn't have the internet. Think about trying to monitor that and how you can get access to anything on your phone. Scary .

... and worse yet, on how our Gov't now monitors what you do and say on your phones.. and we apparently just accept it all. Yes, it sure is " scary ". ( but we are now getting into the non topic realm.. so.... its "back to our regularly scheduled ( DCP) programming now"..........

Edited by BRASSO