The Purpose of DCI

The statement is what is on the 990. It is not opinion, conjuncture or vision. It speaks for itself, and all tax forms are legally signed as true and complete under penalty of perjury. You can chop the tail off a beaver and add a clown nose to the beaver's snout; it's still a beaver.

Ok; then you must contend that since they are paying for all of the services I mentioned apart from what is in that 990 statement, and that they have a description of what they do apart from that statement on their web site which Garfield pointed out, that DCI is thus not adhering to what they (nothing more and nothing less) told the IRS and they need to get severely whacked by the IRS. Correct?

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

One read of the Troopers Corps Director's public letter of response at the time makes it crystal clear ( to me anyway ) that the gravity of this plot hit home to the Non G7 Corps in very stark terms .

For those of us who weren't here at the time, do you have a link to that? I'd like to catch up on some recent history.

Ok; then you must contend that since they are paying for all of the services I mentioned apart from what is in that 990 statement, and that they have a description of what they do apart from that statement on their web site which Garfield pointed out, that DCI is thus not adhering to what they (nothing more and nothing less) told the IRS and they need to get severely whacked by the IRS. Correct?

"Nothing more and nothing less" was a personal reference to what it actually states, inasmuch, that is exactly what it says on the 990---no more or no less, as in "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth".

The statement on the return gives an ambiguous wide scope of what they may internally be doing (or not doing) to "provide". "Provide" in the said statement itself does not mean "giving", "doing", etc. It means to "provide". Anyone can provide a meal for someone; it doesn't mean a person has to accept it, or the meal is free.

For those of us who weren't here at the time, do you have a link to that? I'd like to catch up on some recent history.

Sure thing... here you go, Eleran :

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/155160-which-will-be-the-first-g-7-to-disown-hopkins-letter/page-13

Thanks - nice read!

I won't presume upon your hospitality to ask where I could find the G7's letter which prompted that ...

You're welcome, Eleran....... and here is the DCP thread discussion from its very beginning. The OP secured the original G7 Power Point Presentation to the 7 Corps, and you can download the entire Powerpoint Presentation on the first comment on this thread from July 2010:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/138778-can-i-read-this-article-without-my-head-exploding/?hl=%20power%20%20point%20%20presentation

Edited by BRASSO

Thanks again. Not sure I will enjoy reading it, though.

True.. its not enjoyable reading, but the self education of events allows one to become knowledgeable, and knowledge is never, ever a bad thing. I commend your inquisitive mind.

You're welcome, Eleran....... and here is the DCP thread discussion from its very beginning. The OP secured the original G7 Power Point Presentation to the 7 Corps, and you can download the entire Powerpoint Presentation on the first comment on this thread from July 2010:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/138778-can-i-read-this-article-without-my-head-exploding/?hl=%20power%20%20point%20%20presentation

I'm half-tempted to give it another read myself. I have to get good and snookered to deal with drumcat's explanations, and this might make me laugh (under the influence of scotch) this time, instead of nearly crying as happened real-time.

"Nothing more and nothing less" was a personal reference to what it actually states, inasmuch, that is exactly what it says on the 990---no more or no less, as in "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth".

The statement on the return gives an ambiguous wide scope of what they may internally be doing (or not doing) to "provide". "Provide" in the said statement itself does not mean "giving", "doing", etc. It means to "provide". Anyone can provide a meal for someone; it doesn't mean a person has to accept it, or the meal is free.

Bill, I'm not disputing you at all on this...but it seems to me that there are times where "the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth" is conveniently used for what, in reality, is "the contention, the whole contention, and nothing but the contention."

Case in point...on my yearly tax statements (to both the IRS Federal and State returns) I can supply any numbers that I want. The fact of the matter is that, despite my signed agreement at the end of the form that (paraphrased) "all information supplied on these forms is true and accurate," that doesn't automatically make my numbers factual.

(Hey -- if nothing else, I expect the full assignment of brownie points from Stu on this one.") :wub:

Edited by HornTeacher