Blue Devils 2014 Thread

As a movie fan, I love the fact that perhaps BD's 2014 show will inspire drum corps fans to watch some of Fellini's masterpieces!

That seems an odd sentiment coming from you, you’re usually a new guy and Fellini’s been dead for a few decades.

I find Fellini boring, predictable and dated but not in a good way. He gave art and indie films a bad name and often was the touchstone for their mockery and everything wrong with them. Wouldn't a show about Lars Von Trier be more contemporary, more about what the kids want, more new?

Kids, youth of today, skip Fellini, he’s boring, old and we’ve all moved on. Heck, a 12th place DCI show from the 70’s is more exciting. Fellini is irrelevant except to dinosaurs doing a nostalgia trip. Save the time of watching his movies and update your Facebook page or get to that next level on Candy Crush

Edited by cowtown
  • Like 2

That seems an odd sentiment coming from you, you’re usually a new guy and Fellini’s been dead for a few decades.

I find Fellini boring, predictable and dated but not in a good way. He gave art and indie films a bad name and often was the touchstone for their mockery and everything wrong with them. Wouldn't a show about Lars Von Trier be more contemporary, more about what the kids want, more new?

Kids, youth of today, skip Fellini, he’s boring, old and we’ve all moved on. Heck, a 12th place DCI show from the 70’s is more exciting. Fellini is irrelevant except to dinosaurs doing a nostalgia trip. Save the time of watching his movies and update your Facebook page or get to that next level on Candy Crush

I think this should go up on my profile as a quote so everyone can see what you said. but why bother with you is the bigger question.

• Like 3

I think Fellini is yesterdays news too. On the other hand, its all in the presentation. Cadets played Christmas songs from yesteryear, but it still worked. Who would've thought a Corps could play " Jingle Bells " and place in the top tier of DCI ?. Well if you have the marcher talent, you still can beat most other Corps by playing " Jingle Bells " and other Christmas Songs in today's DCI. Its all in the presentation ( and of course what the judges like in music played )

Edited by BRASSO

I think Fellini is yesterdays news too. On the other hand, its all in the presentation. Cadets played Christmas songs from yesteryear, but it still worked. Who would've thought a Corps could play " Jingle Bells " and place in the top tier of DCI ?. Well if you have the marcher talent, you still can beat most other Corps by playing " Jingle Bells " and other Christmas Songs in today's DCI. Its all in the presentation ( and of course what the judges like in music played )

Heck, BAC might just bring us Old Macdonald to the field this year :tounge2:

Heck, BAC might just bring us Old Macdonald to the field this year :tounge2:

It might be a challenge for BAC if they do that..... did you know that Old MacDonald was a really bad speller ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Saw "the video" and absolutely loved BD's music this year. Drill didn't look too demanding currently, but I'm sure that will change with time. Probably the first BD in a long while that I'm going to be listening to frequently in the off season

Is there any way I see this said video pm me

Is there any way I see this said video pm me

Well, if you look at this board a little there's a link... Probably not good anymore by now, but really you just need to "look".