Drone wars

Oh please. I'd set a camera timer on a Polaroid, toss it straight up in the air, catch the camera, and then synchronize a catch of the picture as it slowly drifted down in the wind a few yards away from where I took the shot in the direction I was marching. All while I spun a rifle.

Well, la-di-da for you. But you didn't take the next logical step with that. I knew the girl who stuck one of those things on the end of her rifle. Those young whippersnappers at GoPro stole her idea!

Edited by ChuckH

Well...just for the record, my post was intended to be about as serious as ChuckH's...

It was.

Does anyone else find these pointless? Corps have cleaned drill without them for years and by the looks of it, and set of those things like the Cavies have is an waste of one person's tour fees.

• Like 1

jezz, when I marched, the only thing hovering over my head at practice were mosquitos and other flying pesky critters.

Can these drones spray insecticide when they're airborne, or would the EPA have a fit ?

Skin So Soft will keep you critter free.

Edited by Ghost

Does anyone else find these pointless? Corps have cleaned drill without them for years and by the looks of it, and set of those things like the Cavies have is an waste of one person's tour fees.

Maybe the drill folks are getting tired of climbing towers or to the top of press boxes. Sit under an umbrella and make your corrections.

Maybe the drill folks are getting tired of climbing towers or to the top of press boxes. Sit under an umbrella and make your corrections.

I've had my time I get it ha

Thought it was Ba Da Bing.

Thought it was Ba Da Bing.

He wanted bling, I know that.

It's not drum corps anymore!

Back in the day we used Estes rockets and micro film none of this propeller and video crap!

Oh, I loved those Estes rockets. I was in the model rocket club in Jr High...our teacher took us out to the field and set up this huge multi-stage rocket...the thing went about 5 feet in the air, took a 90 degree turn towards us, and chased us all off the field! :tounge2:

• Like 2

Does anyone else find these pointless? .

Corps have never put things out there that " seem pointless " to me, so I don't know what you mean regarding the use of drones now.