DrumScorps - coming soon to Windows Phone

DrumScorps is now available in the Windows Phone Store!! Download link and QR code below. Stay tuned for more updates in the coming weeks.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/drumscorps/78db98fe-a839-4643-b589-40c2ee7253fa

2vlqm2a.png

2uh1w69.png2i7mpg1.png

After realizing there was only one option in the Windows Phone Store for getting DCI scores (which I'm not sure works or not), I took it upon myself create an app that would do just that, with the goal of keeping it simple and easy to use. I'm hoping to get some feedback from the community here on DCP on new features, improvements, etc. The first version of the app should be in the Windows Phone Store within a week (just in time for the upcoming season) as I'm still tidying up a few things. So what can the first version of the app do?

• Get the latest DCI scores of course! The app hooks directly into the DCI scores webpage. Once scores are posted on DCI.org, they will show up in the app within a few minutes.
  • That's it for now! (This is where you come into play)

I am planning to release several updates to the app with the following features already being worked on:

• Live tile support - show scores from the most recent event in a live tile. The tile will cycle through scores from the previous day
  • Lock screen support - show scores from the most recent events on your lockscreen
  • Historical scores - the ability to search through historical DCI scores

If you have any idea on useful features and additions, please comment below! I've added a couple of screenshots of the current working version of the app. Keep in mind it may look slightly different once it releases in a week or so. I intend to add some background images of corps, stadiums, etc. to give the app a little more pop. Thanks for your feedback in advance!

Edited by drewboo127
  • Like 4

Wasn't sure which forum to put this in. Mods, please move to the correct forum if need be.

After realizing there was only one option in the Windows Phone Store for getting DCI scores (which I'm not sure works or not), I took it upon myself create an app that would do just that, with the goal of keeping it simple and easy to use. I'm hoping to get some feedback from the community here on DCP on new features, improvements, etc. The first version of the app should be in the Windows Phone Store within a week (just in time for the upcoming season) as I'm still tidying up a few things. So what can the first version of the app do?

• Get the latest DCI scores of course! The app hooks directly into the DCI scores webpage. Once scores are posted on DCI.org, they will show up in the app within a few minutes.
  • That's it for now (This is where you come into play)

I am planning to release several updates to the app with the following features already being worked on:

• Live tile support - show scores from the most recent event in a live tile. The tile will cycle through scores from the previous day
  • Lock screen support - show scores from the most recent events on your lockscreen

If you have any idea on useful features and additions, please comment below! I've added a couple of screenshots of the current working version of the app. Keep in mind it may look slightly different once it releases in a week or so. I intend to add some background images of corps, stadiums, etc. to give the app a little more pop. Thanks for your feedback in advance!

23m0z1l.png240ys5k.png

Excellent idea!

I don't have a Windows Phone, but it's great that someone is supporting phones other than Apple or Android! Kudos to you, Sir/Madame!

If you're hooking into DCI's site, then perhaps you could get the recaps for each show as well as the scores?

You could also borrow an idea from BK's page and show a scoring trend graph similar to their graph? Lots of ideas are at: http://bknights.org/bknights.org/scores/

Edited by jjeffeory

Thank you for putting this together. I will look forward to downloading it once it is available.

Good idea on the recaps. Something I will definitely try to add.

... and judging panels... unless thats a chore for you

Kudos to you for coming up with the idea for something like this by the way.

Edited by BRASSO

Wasn't sure which forum to put this in. Mods, please move to the correct forum if need be.

• That's it for now! (This is where you come into play)

I'm a Windows phone user (Nokia 920). I can't tell you enough how great this is. I love my phone but the one place where it lacks is in available apps.

The only thing I can think of is the Windows Phone 8.1 release is rumored for release at the end of the summer so I'm not sure if that affects what you are creating. I've seen apps that specifically say they are for Windows 8.1 only. I'm in Canada so I'm sure we'll be the last to get 8.1 anyway. We just got running water and something called electricity last year.....

The only thing I can think of is the Windows Phone 8.1 release is rumored for release at the end of the summer so I'm not sure if that affects what you are creating. I've seen apps that specifically say they are for Windows 8.1 only. I'm in Canada so I'm sure we'll be the last to get 8.1 anyway. We just got running water and something called electricity last year.....

Thanks for the kind words! DrumScorps is compatible with both Windows Phone 8 and Windows Phone 8.1, so no worries there