DrumScorps - coming soon to Windows Phone

I've watched this thread and bit my lip but, when money is exchanged, it changes the game.

DCP posts scores almost immediately after each show. Right up there at the top of this page, under "Scores".

I hope the OP at least offers a tip of the hat to The Overlord, Mr. Donovan, for making this site available on which to advertise his creation.

(disclaimer: I'm in no way associated with DCP Partners and The Overlord doesn't need peons like me to fight for his cause. Still... In my day job we call this thread "Selling Away".)

I hope the OP at least offers a tip of the hat to The Overlord, Mr. Donovan, for making this site available on which to advertise his creation.

Certainly something I can do. My original hope for this thread was not to advertise my app but rather garner some ideas and opinions from users on ways to improve the app. If the owner's of DCP feel the least bit slighted by this thread, I would ask that they close it because this was never my intention.

Edited by drewboo127

I've watched this thread and bit my lip but, when money is exchanged, it changes the game.

DCP posts scores almost immediately after each show. Right up there at the top of this page, under "Scores".

(disclaimer: I'm in no way associated with DCP Partners and The Overlord doesn't need peons like me to fight for his cause. Still... In my day job we call this thread "Selling Away".)

I don't think the money thing is a big deal.

1. $0.99 to get rid of ads...that's all. Sounds like the app does what it's supposed to do whether you pay the money or not.

2. I don't think drewboo127 is going to make a pile of money on this deal. Let's face it, he MIGHT get 100 downloads...more likely less than more than that.

I don't have a Win8 Phone, but if he makes this app for the desktop, I'll pay the money...not to get rid of the ads, but to thank him for his work for drum corps fans.

Edited by Gloryah
  • Like 1

Considering only 5 people in the world own a Windows Phone, I don't think profits will be very big.

(just a joke towards the WP users)

Considering only 5 people in the world own a Windows Phone, I don't think profits will be very big.

(just a joke towards the WP users)

I think your estimate is a little off. Probably closer to 12 people :tounge2:

As mentioned earlier, updates are coming. Screenshot below of live tile scores in action. See the latest scores without ever opening the app. Tile will flip to show the 2 most recent scores.

I know the tile is kinda boring right now, but trying to push out the functionality quickly so you guys have it and I will add some "pizazz" later.

dynbzp.png

I have WP8 ... love it. Wife has iPhone 5 ... wishes she had WP.

If more folks would really explore its customizable interface as compared to the (IMO) pathetically one-note iPhone and Android devices, I truly believe it would have traction as least as extensive as it does overseas.

I know that only having a couple hundred thousand apps is really a disadvantage, though...

I have WP8 ... love it. Wife has iPhone 5 ... wishes she had WP.

If more folks would really explore its customizable interface as compared to the (IMO) pathetically one-note iPhone and Android devices, I truly believe it would have traction as least as extensive as it does overseas.

I know that only having a couple hundred thousand apps is really a disadvantage, though...

App ecosystem turns me off from WP as well as the UI. Really hate the tiles. I have an issue with Android's app ecosystem as well but for different reasons. Which is probably why I'll always stay team iPhone :tounge2: