Clovis- Midcal Champion Showcase

^^^

Yes - when SCV finished tonight- it took a while for the applause to take effect. don't get me wrong- amazing performance - but an obvious incomplete one.

iPhone? or no

Sorry- yes

Thanx a bunch. My son marches tuba w Crossmen. Please send some Picts and your thoughts on the show. I am hoping they knock it out of the park tonite.

Please text me! :)

What did u think of the new unis? They sounding great?

The new uniforms are outstanding. BUT- I don't know how they look from afar. I was in the 5th or 6th row. Everyone around me liked them.

And my lord they sound great. The Mello section stood out for me. Very mature brass sound.

• Like 1

Crossmen top Blue Knights in Visual Ana. ....... (and BK just 1 tenth ahead of Pacific Crest in it )

( Visual Ana. is a Visual show design level captiion )

Edited by BRASSO

Which I remind you they marched an incomplete show. That's not that surprising..... It's rained a lot in Denver and disrupted their timing of getting the drill and vis ensemble on the field. That caption will change. Same with guard- new silks half the flag work in, those are very strong captions that will jump up soon enough... How bout that Perc score- been a long time since BK was in the same score ballpark with BD and SCV

• Like 2

So, do we think there's West coast inflation this year?

Looks like the scores are pretty in-line with the Midwest show scores.

Yes, yes. I know you can't compare scores from show to show, but I'm going to get a Michael Del Corso Drum Corps Scores and Rankings email for today, and it's going to give me a ranking based on these scores.

Looks like Crown is in the leader's position for today while Cadets are idle. Blue Devils in 2nd. SCV sticking in there with an incomplete show. Cavaliers not too far behind Phantom... Blue Knights hanging around Madison Scouts' scoring range. Crossmen scoring a little higher than Troopers.

Interesting shows today. I can't wait to hear comments on the shows.

Your caveat is wise, comparing shows isn't very useful, especially when you consider that they're not using full panels for one of the shows. Also a three point jump from nearly everyone from the first show only two nights before tells me everyone's (among judges) first reads of shows in this part of the season can be so low scoring and wishy-washy.

Your caveat is wise, comparing shows isn't very useful, especially when you consider that they're not using full panels for one of the shows. Also a three point jump from nearly everyone from the first show only two nights before tells me everyone's (among judges) first reads of shows in this part of the season can be so low scoring and wishy-washy.

I know, we've heard all of this every season for a very long time; both what you said here and what I said earlier. Makes for good conversation.