DCI West - Stanford, CA

SCV came to play. Excellent show and I cannot wait until it's pristine in Aug. Gonna be a pleasure.

I was a bit disappointed by SCV's show. Their previous Scherazade show is one of my all time favorites. Maybe this will get better, but as of now it wasn't my favorite. Love SCV's drill though. Their linear drill is always more exposed than anyone's. Super difficult. Have to be perfect at all times, or it will show. Its wonderful when they get it right.

Personally wasn't a fan since I felt like it's the same show I saw 10 years ago but it'll definitely do well. Anyone who wasn't around back then will eat this show up and they got the talent to make it a contending show.

Are you kidding? I kept thinking the whole time, "This is a completely different take than 04."

• Like 1

Well, nobody quite likes to turn it up to 11 like SCV. Those hurricane-force wind samples between movements were quite something.

I know it's not finished, but that didn't live up to the hype for me. I liked some of the visual moments, and thought they did some clever staging with the pillows/boxes. Musically, my initial take was that it doesn't compare favorably to 2004.

How much do they actually use the trombones? I saw at the beginning, but then it looked like they set them down and picked up baritones after the first hit.

Edited by ShortAndFast

Are you kidding? I kept thinking the whole time, "This is a completely different take than 04."

I agree. Much different.

If you haven't seen BD yet, put your pre conceived thoughts about the past couple years to the side, you're in for a REAL TREAT!

Just saw them play at the pre show BBQ. Holy futhermucker.

If you haven't seen BD yet, put your pre conceived thoughts about the past couple years to the side, you're in for a REAL TREAT!

Agreed 100%

Loved it. BK always seems to come up with some great design concepts. If they could get an upgrade in talent on the field, they could make some real noise.

Upgrade in talent? Umm, Making noise is not soley based on talent. In fact the thing marching the great design concepts is already a great amount of talent and dedication.

Personally wasn't a fan since I felt like it's the same show I saw 10 years ago but it'll definitely do well. Anyone who wasn't around back then will eat this show up and they got the talent to make it a contending show.

Yeah I'm conflicted. Part of me is not a fan of redoing a show, and the arrangements are good but not blow-me-away. On the flip side, I dig the percussion writing & love the visual package. SCV was able to take Lame Mis last year and turn out a wildly entertaining show, so I'll see how this is throughout the season.

SCV turning in what felt like a VERY incomplete production didn't help my feelings