Mini Corps won't be recorded this year.

and yes, the beer.

I just wonder with the average age slipping up under the 21 year old mark..how much longer DCA is going to allow beer to be sold at events??

Edited by camel lips

I just wonder with the average age slipping up under the 21 year old mark..how much longer DCA is going to allow beer to be sold at events??

If they're smart and business savvy, they'll continue to sell beer anywhere they can.

• Like 2

If they're smart and business savvy, they'll continue to sell beer anywhere they can.

At "some" point you are going to have a strong contingent of parents that are going to get together and go to the directors and address the concerns of alcohol being served and consumed in large quantities where a large group of minors are present. You don't see beer being served at HS football venues because of that very reason. Its just a matter of time.

At "some" point you are going to have a strong contingent of parents that are going to get together and go to the directors and address the concerns of alcohol being served and consumed in large quantities where a large group of minors are present. You don't see beer being served at HS football venues because of that very reason. Its just a matter of time.

No, it's not "just a matter of time". DCA is not a predominantly "minors" activity, and it's not billed as one. To my knowledge, there has never been an alcohol-related problem at a DCA event, so there's no "concern" to be had. The beauty is that the DCA community tends to be self-policing (Renegades incident excepted).

Also, just because an event includes youth doesn't mean alcohol cannot or should not be served. Many DCI shows are held at venues that serve alcohol (and do for said events).

If a parent has an issue with me drinking a Yuengling at a show, they and their precious little snowflake can stay at home. I *guarantee* my money talks, and their BS walks.

depends on the venue more than likely

No, it's not "just a matter of time". DCA is not a predominantly "minors" activity, and it's not billed as one. To my knowledge, there has never been an alcohol-related problem at a DCA event, so there's no "concern" to be had. The beauty is that the DCA community tends to be self-policing (Renegades incident excepted).

Also, just because an event includes youth doesn't mean alcohol cannot or should not be served. Many DCI shows are held at venues that serve alcohol (and do for said events).

If a parent has an issue with me drinking a Yuengling at a show, they and their precious little snowflake can stay at home. I *guarantee* my money talks, and their BS walks.

agreed. I once at finals had a guy in his 70's try to lecture me when I sat down with a beer as the show started. I informed him it was #1 of maybe 3, and since he was so busy lecturing me, I had a far harder time hearing the corps than he would have had over me watching them and sipping my beer.

TOB for years ran ACC's at Scranton, and the Stadium Club did great business, and no kids were caught sneaking in. They had to be with a parent and were seated away from the bar area.

I saw lots of people of all ages in Annapolis last year, some drinking beer, some not. And not one incident.

If you're going to taise the parent having puppies issues, I hope you include pro and even minor league sporting events to it. Some colleges even sell beer at their sporting events

So still no recordings huh?

OK back off topic. Beer and other stuff selling probably is driven by the stadium. And yeah, lets not forget the Annapolis Stadium is used by a military version of a college. Beer yes... great beer.... eh.... If parents are upset because the kids are performing in a beer selling venue, welcome to the real world folks. Or as my folks put it when I joined a Sr corps at 16, "if we haven't raised you to do the right thing by now, it's too late".

Funny part is I turned 21 a few days before we went to AL Nats at New Orleans. After the show I was walking around the parking lot with a beer in my hand. Before the evening was over I was questioned by 5 or so people about said beer. Corps policy was you had to be 21 and they were checking my butt. If the corps has a good policy and follows thru that's the best peole can ask for IMO.....

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

Why does it seem that sometimes a topic of conversation drifts in a direction just enough that someone can manage to find a way to reach out, grab it and twist it to their agenda?

Just wondering out loud.....

• Like 3

Why does it seem that sometimes a topic of conversation drifts in a direction just enough that someone can manage to find a way to reach out, grab it and twist it to their agenda?

Just wondering out loud.....

because it's DCP?

• Like 1

1) There are supposedly more mini corps coming this year than were at Annapolis.

2) Ghost Riders will represent Parts Unknown.

3) Some of us still like doing this show.

5) Many of our members also participate in other DCA corps but still do mini corps

6) Ghost Riders won't suck

7) That is all

• Like 3