Chambersburg #TheFanShow

Nice performance from spirit. First viewing for me but the crowd seemed to enjoy it and the guard has really cleaned up from what I saw online from them about a week ago.

• Like 1

Boston can be best described as an interesting blend of Suncoast Sounds Dances of the Contemporary Child with a heavy dose of a Tarpon Springs BOA show. Frankly I'm not sure this central PA crowd knew what to make of it. Percussion is the obvious strength and kids are working hard. The next few weeks will determine how effective and successful this program will be for the membership. At this stage I'm concerned the designers have gotten a little too far out on the artsy farsty plank. Coats up.

Edited by George Dixon

Bluecoats wowed this crowd with perhaps THE show of 2014

Percussion, particularly battery, is fantastic

This program will ride a massive wave of fan support into the World Championships

I do think they will need to add a bit more content to the visual and particularly guard captions in order to take out one or all three of the Corps currently ahead of them

This could be their year! Loved it!

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

Bluecoats wowed this crowd with perhaps THE show of 2015

Percussion, particularly battery, is fantastic

This program will ride a massive wave of fan support into the World Championships

I do think they will need to add a bit more content to the visual and particularly guard captions in order to take out one or all three of the Corps currently ahead of them

This could be their year! Loved it!

So, how are they doing this year. LOL!

• Like 2

George: I DO enjoy you being our eyes and ears tonight. Thanks!

• Like 2

So it's only late June but somebody forgot to tell the cadets. Performance level in many aspects is more like mid July. Sure there are timing issues, a lot of shaping to do and the guard is still without their show flags and two out of three uniforms, but that's really just nitpicking

This year's Cadets have taken the program giving to them and practically swallowed it whole. In my view it's time for the design team to go back to work and give them some more to chew on

One word describes this year's Cadets... Excellence.

Guard is light years ahead of last year, and once again the Corps is musically stellar. I'm sure changes and additions are on the way.

Great job tonight by all four Corps!

I can't stay for their encore sets as I have a prior commitment.

I'd say the Corps placed in the order in which they performed. I'd personally put the Coats around a 74/5 and Cadets in the 78 range.

Edited by George Dixon

I believe they tried that a few seasons ago.

At the show, they gave out "secret" text or Twitter addresses you could use to send in your score. (Actually, I think it was for "fan favorite".) It didn't take long for a corps to game the system: they posted the address on their FB page and folks from around the nation (world?) started to send in their votes. Oh, well.....

There was a horribly attended show in Las Vegas with the Bluecoats and the Blue Devils in attendance that did this.