Pacific Procession - Santa Clara CA

Do we think that Gold, who earned a 56.10 two days ago (compare to the Mandarins, who dropped 0.45 in those two days), is really the second-best California Open Class corps right now, or are they in for a rude awakening when they finally face Vanguard Cadets (56.30 tonight) and Blue Devils B (54.30 tonight) on July 12?

I mean:

June 22 -- Sacramento

59.50 Mandarins

56.10 Vanguard Cadets

55.05 Blue Devils B

July 1 -- Santa Clara

63.50 Mandarins

56.30 Vanguard Cadets

54.30 Blue Devils B

How did Mandarins improve by four points in nine days, but SCVC by only two tenths and BDB drop seven tenths?

• Like 1

I mean:

June 22 -- Sacramento

59.50 Mandarins

56.10 Vanguard Cadets

55.05 Blue Devils B

July 1 -- Santa Clara

63.50 Mandarins

56.30 Vanguard Cadets

54.30 Blue Devils B

How did Mandarins improve by four points in nine days, but SCVC by only two tenths and BDB drop seven tenths?

No way they went down in scores! I was at the Sac show and both those open class corps were really good! BDB was tied in percussion with Boston! We have some B corps here that should be whoopin some serious tail on some of these WC corps. I know both of them have been cleaning for days doing 9-9's

Go watch 7th regiment from the other night then watch the Stanford show and be the judge!

They are being slotted because they are open class corps. Mandarins are good but they are not that good.

I think the Open Class corps might welcome the attention of a "slotting" controversy. It's awful lonely in the O.C. forum, where it seems like half the posts are by me. I mean, has anyone else noticed, for instance, that there'll be a Guatemalan corps at O.C. championships?

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Just got back from the show. Got in late and started with SCVC.

The stands were jam packed to the point where people were sitting in the aisles. Seemed like it was much more crowded than last year.

Review won't be too detailed. Very tired.

SCVC is pretty good this year! Great music selection! Couldn't see the drill because I was at the bottom as I just got there.

Mandarins was pretty good. Liked the show.

Crossmen was also pretty good. Bought me a shirt from them.

Blue Knights were still incomplete but I really like what I'm hearing from them this year. Uniforms look great!

SCV is growing on me! While, as I've said before on previous posts, it's no 2004, seeing this show live is quite amazing---several times better than video.