Pioneer 2014

Optimism is a good thing. I believe they have the infrastructure to achieve it. They certainly have a huge base for recruitment within the Milwaukee/N. Illinois area.

I was also just thinking after you mentioned Illinois ....Marian Catholic H.S. If they pull from that pool of BOA Finalist talent, just imagine....We make things so hard in this activity. Yet, things are more simple than people realize. I'm telling you. The right staff. The right recruiting. You already mentioned the infrastructure.....

Edited by bmjfelts1988
  • Like 1

I was also just thinking after you mentioned Illinois ....Marian Catholic H.S. If they pull from that pool of BOA Finalist talent, just imagine....We make things so hard in this activity. Yet, things are more simple than people realize. I'm telling you. The right staff. The right recruiting. You already mentioned the infrastructure.....

Even though it sounds simple, this is a really good point. Who was the last group to go from the lower ranks of Open Class/Div II & III to finalist, the Blue Stars? Maybe that's a case study worth opening.

I've only worked with a couple BOA finalist schools, but if they're remotely representative of the rest, corps like Pioneer definitely have a big stigma attached to them (Pio in particular). With that as a bit of a stumbling block in terms of recruitment, etc., what can the corps do that would push things in a more positive direction in terms of perception?

Even though it sounds simple, this is a really good point. Who was the last group to go from the lower ranks of Open Class/Div II & III to finalist, the Blue Stars? Maybe that's a case study worth opening.

I've only worked with a couple BOA finalist schools, but if they're remotely representative of the rest, corps like Pioneer definitely have a big stigma attached to them (Pio in particular). With that as a bit of a stumbling block in terms of recruitment, etc., what can the corps do that would push things in a more positive direction in terms of perception?

I'm glad you brought up Blue Stars. I forgot that one. As for Pio's stigma. Yeah, you're right. That exists. But if the staff I'm hearing rumored decides to climb on board, that will definitely help recruiting efforts.

...and we're off!

It would be fun to just focus on how improved Pioneer is this season and what a good show they're putting on the field.

You can tell the kids know it and it's starting to show in their confidence and performance. They were given a show this year by their staff with some real meat to it. It will be a JOY to watch them progress.

• Like 3

...and we're off!

It would be fun to just focus on how improved Pioneer is this season and what a good show they're putting on the field.

You can tell the kids know it and it's starting to show in their confidence and performance. They were given a show this year by their staff with some real meat to it. It will be a JOY to watch them progress.

Much agreed. I'm already predicting them back in the top 25. I'm saying 20th.

• Like 2

They will beat Jersey Surf, Mandarins, and maybe even Pacific Crest this year.

Hmm. They haven't yet, but there is slight trend in that direction:

July 3 - Cedarburg

63.90 Jersey Surf vs. 58.30 Pioneer -- difference = 5.60

July 5 - Whitewater

64.35 Jersey Surf vs. 60.55 Pioneer -- difference = 3.80

July 6 - Dixon

64.60 Jersey Surf vs. 60.90 Pioneer -- difference = 3.70

They next meet head-to-head on Thursday in Salem.

• Like 1

Pioneer may not make finals this year, but with the show they have they could easily make top 20.

• Like 1