2015 Rule Change

2015 Rule Change

The DCI BOD is currently reviewing potential rule changes for 2015. There seems to be several but the one that I find most interesting is the “Expansion and Enhancement of Visual Protocol”. This rule change is focused primarily on the visual component but can also affect other captions. Under the purposed rule change, each competing Corps will be allowed to bring up to 6 semi trucks on to the field to use for props, theatrics, additional electronics and wild and/or farm animals.

As one Corps Director said, “If you like what we are doing now with all this stuff, wait to you see what we can roll out there with 6 Semis”. The sky is really the limit; I was thinking perhaps this might enable the use of many exciting elements from the Circus or Cage Fighting. The creative possibilities are endless. As another influential BOD member put it “We have really just scratched the surface with changing this art from and you just wait, in a few years you won’t even recognize it”. Tru Dat!

I don’t know about you but I am so done with Massive Brass lines just blowing your face off and a Drum line that rocks like a machine of rhythm and precision. The old days of straight forward talent simply making your jaw drop are finally over with. I for one can’t believe we had to wait this long to create some unrecognizable thing that for reasons not understood by me is called a Drum and Budge Corps.? WTF is that all about.

Anyway I hope you are all as excited as I am with respect to the “Expansion and Enhancement of Visual Protocol” More Cow Bell? Hell I say More Chairs, Trampolines and Bigger and Bigger Stages. First Corps to use Dancing Elephants wins my vote.

• Like 6

Props in any quantity when used effectively and efficiently don't bother me in the least.

• Like 4

Mad props for this post.

• Like 2

Is this what John Kennedy was foreseeing when he stated "A Carolina-based Drum Corps should set as its' goal the landing of a member on the Moon and bringing him safely back to earth by the end of its' 12 minute show."??

• Like 3

This post has malaPROPism potential aplenty...

• Like 1

This thread topic is not for the feint of heart. ( haha!)

• Like 1