Which show would you have loved to march?

I'll have you know I've marched with all kinds of corps from 75 Kilties to 2013 Crown. It makes time on the treadmill move much faster! It's impossible for me to pick just one.

If I have to choose from within my age range it would be:

80 27th (favorite show of all time), 81 27th (love 27th's version of "Niner Two", 79 PR, 80 PR (great musical choices), 80 Cadets (this show is fun and they look like they're having fun.

If I could be under 21 again, I'd also add 99 Madison. I love the "how loud can you get" in "Jesus Christ, Superstar" and 2000 BAC "Red"

Lol I used to "march" my own show on the treadmill when I first joined the Navy. 13 years later, I can't run that fast anymore.

In my era, I wish I could have stayed with Star in '91 (was even offered a free ride). Cadets in '87. Devils in '86. Phantom in '89.

Outside of my era...Star in '93. SCV last year. Crown in 2011 (Rach Star...loved it).

Cool topic BTW!

Edited by JKT90

I would have wanted to march 2003 Phantom. In fact, I tried to rook-out with them that year, really had no clue what drum corps was REALLY about, and did not make the cut.

But if I were able to go back in time, and this time around be ready for it, I'd march 2003 Phantom.

• Like 1

1980 27th Lancers

1984 Garfield Cadets

1987 Garfield Cadets

1989 Santa Clara Vanguard

2008 Phantom Regiment

2013 Santa Clara Vanguard

To be the Sop a soloist Mike N? Hehehe, my favorite BD show of all time... Music I wish they'd do again....

Always had to give mad props to Larry Shane (trumpet tech w/Crown) who was the Tommy soloist in 1990.... To follow that hot solo mess in 89 had to be a bit nerve racking

Edited by wesleyrp
  • Like 1

Speaking as one with an ability level which would have precluded me from ANY WC Corps aspirations...

I would have been honored to have had the opportunity to march and perform with ANY corps...ANY program...ANY year...just once in my life.

Sometimes beggars really CAN'T be choosers.

• Like 3