Here's a random thought...All female corps

Audubon did win a couple of nationals titles, against Corps that were all male... maybe I'll check on that tomorrow or whenever, Ghost.

Since I consider you one of the very good debaters on DCP, will argue your point until you can't type anymore, able to get in your digs softly, usually have your shitt together, and even admit when you screwed up your facts, for some reason, I believe your above quote is inaccurate. Now, I may have to go through Steve Vicker's History of DC Vol. 1 again, but I cannot find any "national titles" (as in overall first place, not caption awards) that Audubon won.

Most of us have an occasional stubborn streak. Finding out the correct answer is my current one.

Edited by Ghost

This is coming from someone with very progressive views and someone who didn't start following DCI until just a few years ago: let some tradition remain. It may seem like gender discrimination to not accept females into these 2 corps but the all male aspect of these corps is their identity. To take that away from them would kill the identity of the corps itself.

Aren't these the same sort of things that people at The Citadel said as well?

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'... :)

I'd like to be the first to congratulate our very own BRASSO on just being announced the recipient of the 2014 NOW Humanitarian-Of-The-Year Award. This is a most respected and honored achievement. Congrats, Big Guy!! :silly:

BTW...I fully agree with you (or at least your implied inference) that the achievements of these fine Corps have been sadly overlooked. It's good to see their accomplishments recognized -- even if it is so sadly belated.

all that info is on line, most of it under bon bons if you google it..as for championships I dont think there were any but could be wrong . Im going to make a call..lol when I have the time...busy weekend

Edited by GUARDLING

Since I consider you one of the very good debaters on DCP, will argue your point until you can't type anymore, able to get in your digs softly, usually have your shitt together, and even admit when you screwed up your facts, for some reason, I believe your above quote is inaccurate. Now, I may have to go through Steve Vicker's History of DC Vol. 1 again, but I cannot find any "national titles" (as in overall first place, not caption awards) that Audubon won.

Most of us have an occasional stubborn streak. Finding out the correct answer is my current one.

I can try to make a call for the answer my instinct says NO...maybe shoot an e mail to a Bon Bon I re- connected with several years ago.

I thought I read once that Audubon once won a national title or two... maybe not.

I can try to make a call for the answer my instinct says NO...maybe shoot an e mail to a Bon Bon I re- connected with several years ago.

My ESP is telling me they never won a national title, BRASSO made a minor boo boo, but for the time being (since he has had time to make a correction if warranted with all his other recent posts) refuses to admit his error.

Update. Just read your reply BRASSO and I thank you. With your stellar ability to research stuff, I was surprised you were possibly relying on your memory.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

What I've found on Audobon:

1957 -- High Brass and GE at American Legion Nationals/ finished 2nd to HN Cadets

1960 -- Overall High Brass at American Legion Nationals

1969 & 1970 -- VFW All-Girls National Champions

So....both sides are technically correct, I guess.

What I've found on Audobon:

1957 -- High Brass and GE at American Legion Nationals/ finished 2nd to HN Cadets

1960 -- Overall High Brass at American Legion Nationals

1969 & 1970 -- VFW All-Girls National Champions

YEP just got a text from my Bon Bon friend.....all Girl Champions...very close in other years to the males side....a very respected corps though and very good quality and as I remember very competitive in their philosophy . They played to win

I remember as a very young kid Mr. And Mrs. B ( their directors ) not wanting their girls even associating with other corps, especially the guys...lol...not that it stopped any of us. BUT MAN they had an evil eye out on all to watch their girls...lol.

Edited by GUARDLING

So....both sides are technically correct, I guess.

Not really. The key phrase is "won a couple of national championships against the guys". IMO, those who enjoy a good debate, sometimes have a hard time of giving in, but I can live with BRASO's last post. Edited by Ghost