San Antonio Regional

I have been one of the biggest Crown supporters the last few years, but I am very surprised they beat BD in brass. Obviously their music ens. scores don't match that. To my ears, the Blue Devils are moving into "the best brass line in history" conversation..... especially their upper brass.

Truthfully, while they are still fantastic, they may have been getting the benefit of the doubt. That will no longer be the case after tonight's overall scores. I'm not saying they don't deserve to be in the High Brass conversation, but they won't be a dead lock.

I have been one of the biggest Crown supporters the last few years, but I am very surprised they beat BD in brass. Obviously their music ens. scores don't match that. To my ears, the Blue Devils are moving into "the best brass line in history" conversation..... especially their upper brass.

Completely agree with this. Their sops are unbelievably good. It felt unfair when BD took the field. Everything about them felt a step above the rest.

• Like 1

Scores at the top are very tight. Pretty exciting to see this much competition. Unfortunately, it looks like it is competition for third, rather than first. Even with The Cadets scoring so closely to BD tonight, I still see BD going undefeated this season.

I have to assume that Perc Judge 1 is for the front ensemble and the other for the field, no? Interesting that Perc 1 was scoring higher than Perc 2, example for SCV, Perc 1: 18.30 ranked them 3rd and Perc 2: 18.10 ranked them 1 with an avg score of 18.20.

Colts-This is a shock. IMO the quality and difficulty of the shows ahead of them doesn't even compare to what they are doing. After reading the other posts on here, I'd love to know where they'd have ended up if the percussion judging hadn't been so erratic.

Edited by ColtsMamaZ

SCV is the best they have been in years. SCV has a chance for the top three.

• Like 2