Allentown. . . DAY TWO !

Mentioning that a corps had an off night shouldn't necessarily be taken as an attack on the corps members or their program. Crown has consistently been among my favorite corps since their comeback in 2003. They simply had an off night and I doubt it will be repeated. Their horn-line is one of the best in drum corps history..... just not tonight.

One of the worst performances ever given by me and my former corps happened in this very stadium, but just a few nights later we got our grove back and passed a couple of corps that beat us that night.

Edited by bluesman

To be honest, I thought it was a 5th place show. I have never been sold on it.

As I suggested a few weeks back...CC jumped the shark with a back to back quantum mechanics space show...they have had great variety and design in recent years, but went one universe too far this year. It's like they had some left over ideas they didn't use.
  • Like 1

One of the worst performances ever given by me and my former corps happened in this very stadium, but just a few nights later we got our grove back and passed a couple of corps that beat us that night.

Was it the stadium or just a random event?

I'm a bit of a numbers guy - so I created a merged recap for the two Allentown shows. You'll find it on the DCP Scores/Stats page ... just look for the Allentown Combin(ed) link on August 2nd.

Yes - I *know* they were different nights with different show dynamics ... but they did share the same judging panels on adjacent evenings. I know people are doing the comparisons, so thought I'd just help make it easier to see in a single page.

Enjoy,

-john

I'm a bit of a numbers guy - so I created a merged recap for the two Allentown shows. You'll find it on the DCP Scores/Stats page ... just look for the Allentown Combin(ed) link on August 2nd.

Yes - I *know* they were different nights with different show dynamics ... but they did share the same judging panels on adjacent evenings. I know people are doing the comparisons, so thought I'd just help make it easier to see in a single page.

Enjoy,

-john

It's absolutely valid to compare scores from both nights. It's the reason why the panel doesn't change.

• Like 1

It's absolutely valid to compare scores from both nights. It's the reason why the panel doesn't change.

I believe that as-well ... which is why I put the combined recap together. The disclaimer was for those pickers of nit and sayers of nay.

Funny thing, the kids in Crown and the brass staff thought it was their strongest performance of the year.

Well if their staff couldn't see and hear how rough it was but the judge and some random people on DCP could, then maybe that explains why they are struggling this year.

• Like 2

Well if their staff couldn't see and hear how rough it was but the judge and some random people on DCP could, then maybe that explains why they are struggling this year.

They're not struggling this year, I think that's a bit too far the other direction. They had an off night. We could hear it and the judges could too. No biggie.

They're not struggling this year, I think that's a bit too far the other direction. They had an off night. We could hear it and the judges could too. No biggie.

Yea, it's certainly not panic button time (if there even is such a thing at this point in the year).