What is your favorite show of the season?

Hi Kamarang, let me clarify. I don't hate BDs shows, from a technical and design perspective, they are brillant, but I have found that they have not stirred me emotionally for years. The last BD show I own the audio for is 1996. If I were a show designer, I would watch every detail. I'm not, and I have rarely been entertained by their shows for a long time, so I choose not to watch them.

I did attempt to watch this year, but 5 mins. into the show, there was nothing I heard or saw that was grabbing me to keep watching.

Edited by Nachfolger Christi

I've been a Cadets homer for many years, but I have to say that from what I've heard (audio from YouTube), BD's show is outstanding. I'll finally get to see it when I go to the theater for Big, Loud & Live 11 on Thursday!

• Like 1

Hi Kamarang, let me clarify. I don't hate BDs shows, from a technical and design perspective, they are brillant, but I have found that they have not stirred me emotionally for years. The last BD show I own the audio for is 1996. If I were a show designer, I would watch every detail. I'm not, and I have rarely been entertained by their shows for a long time, so I choose not to watch them.

I did attempt to watch this year, but 5 mins. into the show, there was nothing I heard or saw that was grabbing me to keep watching.

So you didn't watch the show. Gotcha. I'm pretty sure I don't certain foods. Never tried them, but I hate them.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

1. Blue Devils

2. Boston

3. SCV

4. Blue Knights

5. Cavies

6. Colts

I will set aside Troopers and SCV, the two corps who could sit in lawn chairs for 12 minutes and they would be my favorites. I'm totally in the tank for them and always am going to like them best.

With that stipulated:

Bluecoats. For all the reasons.

Academy. This corps understands showmanship. They connect with the audience.

Crown. Relentless, one wave after another.

Blue Knights. Not for the purported emotional hook (I find it contrived) but on music alone.

Cavaliers. Because they always bring it.

Shows that impress me more than entertain me:

BD

Cadets

Blue Stars

The rest just sort of melt into the fog. I enjoy them because I love drum corps; just not my favorites of the year.

I like SCV and PR, but can't remember why (I'm old now). However, I keep pulling for the Troopers.

Cadets, so far.... of the shows I've seen.

I'm reserving final judgment until I see the cinecast Thursday!!!

Stunned at the number of people saying Devils. That show sucks IMO. Extremely strange and that weirdo dragging his butt down that 'stage'. Just completely bizarre.

Be honest, do you know Fellini, at all? Have you seen 8 1/2, Satyricon, or even a poster? Once you do you'll be on board with the following:

--Fellini was ridiculed when he started.

--He included dream imagery and it changed the art form

--He ignored detractors, just as BD will do with you.

1. BD

2. Bloo

3. SCV

Bluecoats. For all the reasons.

Shows that impress me more than entertain me:

BD

Cadets

Blue Stars

Love this comment! Great way to describe my feelings.

But you know what? Sometimes I'm really entertained by things that impress me, rather than obvious entertainment. kind of like watching golf on tv. Not usually as exciting as watching a football game, but sometimes really impressive to see a the nuances of a great performance, therefore making it entertaining. Like the difference between watching Star Wars or The Godfather. Both are great for very different reasons.

So the Bluecoats are my favorite today. Tomorrow it might be the Cadets or Devils. And next week maybe SCV or Crossmen!