2014 World Championship Prelims + Big, Live & Loud!

Yep, BD is great but I think it is the monsters behind them that are cranking those numbers a bit. But they deserve all the accolades. Truly an amazing season for BD.

• Like 1

Very dangerous for anyone to take an attitude of "perhaps the very best that can ever be."

No... not at all. This is not a statement about other programs... it is a statement about a tier level of achievement. Others can be there as well... and in several captions at various time have.

When dealing with scores (as in points on a test) a 100 is the best that can ever be... yet it can be ever and ever again.

Follow?

It is so important to always remember that they are competing... but they are supposed to be scored against the rubric, not against each other. A score is a statement about a group in competition with the rubric.

Just got home, Colts were on fire as well as Blue Stars in my opinion. My Scouts didn't t seem on nor did Boston. The top 8 were incredible, if you stayed for the scores you would have seen the Bluecoats jump that the camera missed the first time!

Very dangerous for anyone to take an attitude of "perhaps the very best that can ever be."

Dangerous, for who?

Yep, BD is great but I think it is the monsters behind them that are cranking those numbers a bit. But they deserve all the accolades. Truly an amazing season for BD.

What is that even supposed to mean? I seriously can't see a caption in which they don't deserve the score they are getting.

SCV and Coats very close. No offense to Coats fans (I am one of them), but I hope they get dethroned by SCV on Saturday night. Would love to see SCV win a medal again.

• Like 2

Dangerous, for who?

I think... he means... dangerous for a judge... but I think that he misunderstands the statement that a score actually makes. As opposed to the statement that placements make. A 100 (or 20) is, in fact, in this judging system, the best that could ever be. Meaning, it can't ever be better. It could ever and ever be the same, but never better.

• Like 1

No... not at all. This is not a statement about other programs... it is a statement about a tier level of achievement. Others can be there as well... and in several captions at various time have.

When dealing with scores (as in points on a test) a 100 is the best that can ever be... yet it can be ever and ever again.

Follow?

It is so important to always remember that they are competing... but they are supposed to be scored against the rubric, not against each other. A score is a statement about a group in competition with the rubric.

I understand that, cf. But as soon as another (or others) eventually reaches/achieves a "100", then the first ceases to be "the best." I see "the best" in a singular way...not plural. Trying to equate a ranking with a subjective number is impossible. However...I am in agreement with your premise.