What did CROSSMEN get a 1 pt penalty for in Semi finals?

Wow, just think of the anguish the quads would feel if they had cost their corps the finals. It would be an infamous mistake that would be talked about for years (as evidenced by some of the posts here). As a diehard Colts fan, I would have loved to see them in the finals, but not in this manner. There would always be the stigma that they didn't really earn it or belong there.

Edited by dcdadx3

Fact

A sincere "thanks" for the back-up, Jeff.

• Like 1

Wow, just think of the anguish the quads would feel if they had cost their corps the finals. It would be an infamous mistake that would be talked about for years (as evidenced by some of the posts here). As a diehard Colts fan, I would have loved to see them in the finals, but not in this manner. There would always be the stigma that they didn't really earn it or belong there.

stigma or not I bet they still would have taken it. MAn those kids in xmen in or not may be feeling the stress

If the reason for the penalty is accurately described above, I'm glad that Crossmen didn't miss finals because of it. As much as I loved the Colts show, the needless mistake of a few would have had a terrible impact on the 145 or so other members that put themselves in the position to be on the field Saturday night.

Good luck Crossmen - and hat's off to the Colts who put on their best show of the year in Semi's!

Has there ever been a corps miss making finals because of a penalty before?

Ask the Bridgemen...

The Bridgemen were never kept out of finals because of a penalty. In '77 (the year you must be referring to) they received a court injunction, and appeared at both the DCI Championship prelims and finals.

(And that wasn't a penalty.....it was a rule infraction.)

Edited by Northern Thunder

So if they hadn't gotten themselves a penalty they would be in 11th coming into tonight?

They would have missed finals but their legend would have lived on for decades, embellished more and more as the years went by. That's not so bad.

So if this was the reason, where was the corps at? Hazy memories of hearing corps playing outside the stadium while another corps was on the field.... Think that would have been a 1 pointer but... nothing given....

You can take the corps out of West Chester but...... :tounge2:

warm up site is 1 mile away from stadium , which is indoors anyway ????

Edited by 777hornman

The Bridgemen were never kept out of finals because of a penalty. In '77 (the year you must be referring to) they received a court injunction, and appeared at both the DCI Championship prelims and finals.

(And that wasn't a penalty.....it was a rule infraction.)

Semantics. Bridgemen were marching over-age members in 1977 and got busted. DCI kicked them out of finals, but lawyers got them back in. LAWYERS!! Man, them kids must have felt crummy. They had a great corps that year, had a shot at the title.

Though the Bridgemen were eventually being allowed to perform in finals due to the court injunction, they were officially disqualified, and their score and placement were not acknowledged by DCI. This decision was revered many years later.