Cadets Tarps

Tarpe diem.

• Like 4

For the amount of money that those tarps cost.....and if you aren't familiar, you should probably look it up.......I thought it was in INCREDIBLE waste of money. They took a perfectly good ending and ruined it in the final week of the season.

I really enjoyed the American Flag tarp that came down (or almost didn't come down) over the stage at the end of the show. That was good stuff.

The capitol was ok, but as a previous poster said.....Why that?

My friend who will appear on the season ending Marching Roundtable said that it would have been better with 3 tarps with the faces of those 3 presidents or SEVERAL smaller tarps with ALL 43 presidents. That would have been effective.

The only thing I can think of to explain "why the Capitol?" is that the narrator earlier in the season talked about all 43 presidents standing at the steps of the Capitol yadda yadda. But that changed quickly. One reason I didn't like that Capitol banner (what do we call it?) was that it didn't look good. At finals it wasn't pulled taut vertically or horizontally, and the wind flaps looked bad in the dome, too.

• Like 1

The only thing I can think of to explain "why the Capitol?" is that the narrator earlier in the season talked about all 43 presidents standing at the steps of the Capitol yadda yadda. But that changed quickly. One reason I didn't like that Capitol banner (what do we call it?) was that it didn't look good. At finals it wasn't pulled taut vertically or horizontally, and the wind flaps looked bad in the dome, too.

At Prelims where we first saw that banner live, we spontaneously started laughing for the reasons you stated....and then, we felt sad because the result could never rise to the intent of its use, and the kids were cranking like mad to deliver a performance that continued the trend of the entire season, placing above everyone except BD.