This is it! DCI Finals 2014

As I recall the story, the Crossmen saved almost all the Spirit's instruments after an equipment truck accident and saved their season.

As it turns out both Crossmen and Spirit rescued the other in '79. Spirit's equipment truck went off the road on the way to Salt Lake City, and Crossmen took on all the Atlanta equipment. Later Crossmen had to leave 2 buses along the road, and Spirit invited them to ride 3-to-a-seat on their buses.

• Like 2

Tonight's gonna be awesome. I can't wait to see Bloo get 2nd like they should. Well really they should get 1st but I can definitely take a silver medal!

• Like 2

As it turns out both Crossmen and Spirit rescued the other in '79. Spirit's equipment truck went off the road on the way to Salt Lake City, and Crossmen took on all the Atlanta equipment. Later Crossmen had to leave 2 buses along the road, and Spirit invited them to ride 3-to-a-seat on their buses.

IMHO, this ^^^ (and other similar stories) is what makes Drum Corps special. Not the scores nor the medals, but the experience and the friendships.

Edit: All the best to ALL the Corps tonight. Leave it all on the field. #OOTW

Edited by CrownBariDad
  • Like 2

Blue 1 & 2...............period!

• Like 3

Anyone know if we will be able to watch retreat and awards on FN? We have a subscription, but aren't paying the extra $55 to watch finals. They used to show retreat and awards, in the past, without buying finals.

Wondering about this as well.