2014 Drum Corps International World Championships World Class Finals

Sorry Tone Quality,

How can I be nice this evening? :)

Yah ... I saw that. Is he supposed to just be a generic MM, or is there something special about that particular member?

I'm sure it depended on where he was in the drill, what part he would have played, and other factors like his astrological sign
  • Like 1

At the show live. Quick reactions:

Crossmen- Had nothing to loose. Left it all on the field. One of the better 12th place finishes in recent years

Madison- Boy can they play, Some great guard moments. Loud. Seems something was missing.

Boston- The biggest affect tonight was the sheer effort to do the program. So much asked of them emotionally. Not enough believability tonight.

Blue Stars- Came to play. Most visceral corps to this point. Really amazing guard tonight. Great music ensemble.

Phantom- Loud. Big. Phantom. Predictable. Stiff.

BK- OMG! On fire. What raw emotion and genuine performance communication. This type performances what hooks drum corps fans. BRAVO! Easily a notch above all else thus far.

• Like 2

Next on the field is the Cavaliers from Rosemont, Illinois. Their 2014 program is entitled "Immortal" and consists of:

Chamber Symphony Op. 110

Danse Macabre

When I am Laid in Earth

A Walk On The Water

Sorry Tone Quality,

How can I be nice this evening? :)

Try "WWCD"

• Like 1

Cavies warm up with an arrangement of When I Am Laid In Earth that is more like the original than what they use in the show. Very haunting and appropriate.

Drumline just throws down right at the start of the show. Blood red flags in the guard which a couple horn players perform on to start the show. Crowd is behind the Green Machine big time.

By the way, I see people seated in all sections from end zone to end zone all the way up to the 600 levels. I can't wait to hear the attendance numbers for tonight.

• Like 1