2014 Drum Corps International World Championships World Class Finals

Even thought I apologized both publicly and privately (the latter got no response, the former got more bs)... Hey, Caliswift... I guess this WAS the BEST SHOW EVER. Scorewise, at least. So, yeah.

Congrats to Bloo for their silver. Congrats to ALL corps for what may have been the best Finals show in history. Thank you to DCI for an amazing year of quality Fan Network broadcasts.

And thank you, and congrats to THE BLUE DEVILS, not only for the win, or the highest score ever, but for delivering a beautiful, stunning show across all captions. Well played, ladies and gentlemen, well. played.

Edited by OrlandoContraAlum
  • Like 3

So I guess Phantom didn't pull a penalty, must have been a DCI delay. Bummer for BK, was pulling for them to hold their position. And wow, just wow - what a great year! Congrats to all of those amazing groups. No hatorade here, just a ton of awe and respect.

However, I just gotta...BLOOOOOOOOO

You aren't going to hear an "L" sound in a domed stadium with shouts coming off the top rows. The crowd was not booing BD. No mass crowd at finals has ever done that. There were many, many people excited that Bluecoats placed 2nd, which they have never done before. BD winning DCI is pretty par for the course.

Obviously weren't there for the 2012 extravaganza when Crown fans booed BD loudly. I was.

Edited by dapperpoet

Curious that it was 10 years ago that SCV did Scheherazade ... they got 4th that year also, plus it was the last time they won drums.

According to corpsreps.com, they got 3rd in 2004.

Personally, I enjoy seeing the corps congratulate each other and feel the love after putting in a summer of blood, sweat and tears. Let the corps have their time to enjoy every second on that field because when they walk off it's all over.

• Like 4

Obviously weren't there for the 2012 extravaganza when Crown fans booed BD loudly. I was.

I was there and that did not happen.

I wonder why there was such a spread between the percussion judges for Phantom. 9 tenths of a point is a pretty different perspective on things.