Judging Explanation

Can someone steer me to an explanation of judging? It occurred to me last night that I don't know the difference between GE 1 and 2. Thanks!

I don't think that many of the judges even know the answer to that. Not with the fluctuation. Take a look at BAC colorguard during the last week of the season. Makes no sense in many ways.

In a nutshell, there are 4 GE judges looking at the same thing now. The big picture.

Two of those individuals are supposed to be from a musical background, while two are from a visual background.

Here are the sheets (yes they are GE Visual and GE Music, but they are the exact same rubrics and terminologies simply combined now.
http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=5bc74534-fd5c-43c6-a28d-78c928fdd00a

Meanwhile, we still have just 1 brass judge adjudicating the largest section on the field. Yet we've got two percussion judges every night. Makes sense.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, we still have just 1 brass judge adjudicating the largest section on the field. Yet we've got two percussion judges every night. Makes sense.

i'm a drummer and I agree

the sheets were released 2 years ago. links to it are floating around here and on the internet

I posted the link to the sheets here last week. I'll go find it and put it here again.

Here's the direct link to the two year old sheets. I'm not sure what has change other than the terminology of GE Visual & GE Music to GE1 and GE2.

http://issuu.com/drumcorpsinternational/docs/2012_judging_sheets_full_set?e=0

Edited by jjeffeory