Fans jump up in acceptance of electronics.

So can we finally say Electronics is good for Drum Corps?

I think, if anything, you can say electronics were good for the Coats this year.....and they set the bar pretty high for making a BIG statement with electronics. I think that metric will likely add risk for a few years instead of making their use more acceptable.....just my .2

• Like 1

Has a corps ever tried a manual pitch bend?

I feel in the minority here but I wasn't that excited about the ending because it didn't rely on brass-playing skills. I understand though, audience reaction should be worth something.

For me, the most impressive brass sounds made by the Coats were the soft and well controlled sections in their Vienna Teng ballad...really nice. After about three hearings of the juiced bend and final hit, the 'novelty' wore off to a degree with respect to the electronic sounds.

• Like 1

I can't deny that it seemed, um, disappointing that people went crazy over an electronic pitch bend, the push of a button, like something amazing was happening that required massive skill. It was effective, yes, and I loved the Coat's show overall but I think this manuever was overrated and perhaps, many didn't realize it was just an electronic trick?

• Like 1

I can't deny that it seemed, um, disappointing that people went crazy over an electronic pitch bend, the push of a button, like something amazing was happening that required massive skill. It was effective, yes, and I loved the Coat's show overall but I think this manuever was overrated and perhaps, many didn't realize it was just an electronic trick?

and it worked , didnt it!

Yes it worked but that wasn't my point.

For 30+ judging panels, it did not lift them to where the fans thought they should be.

For 30+ judging panels, it did not lift them to where the fans thought they should be.

Back in mid-July they were pegged at 5th after a few shows. There were lots of reactions here. I'd say something changed for them between then and finals.