One more regular season show to go ,let the predictions rip

The bridgeport show could have used another competing corps, and one less exhibition.

• Like 2

The bridgeport show could have used another competing corps, and one less exhibition.

exhibitions are cheaper. I'm not disagreeing, but I also get the financials of it all too

I've got to agree with Jeff here. I was at the show on Saturday in Reading. I can't believe the spread in visual communication and the spread in percussion...Those numbers were out of whack and if they were properly judged, we probably would have had another coin flip at the top. It's a shame...

Maybe, but at the same time, the GE Music judge blew the call as well, so reversing that and giving it the proper spread would have likely put us back at square one with the same overall result. It's funny how things can work out.

Edited by Kamarag
  • Like 1

I have not and will not see any DCA corps this year. However, having seen them in the past, I have not been overly impressed with the Cabs programming/level of difficulty in relation to the Bucs. Their (Cabs) marching technique has been all over the place the times I have seen them, and the visual package not that impressive.

Thus, I am asking the question are the Cabs all that this year, because they certainly seem to be getting the scores that would indicate so? And what about the Bucs this year? Are they (for them) having a 'down' year?

Maybe, but at the same time, the GE Music judge blew the call as well, so reversing that and giving it the proper spread would have likely put us back at square one with the same overall result. It's funny how things can work out.

Why have judges at each show if nothing is supposed to change?

Maybe we should use the DCP, "add 2.3 points per week to every score" (or whatever stupid formula you want to use) with no consideration for varying rates of improvement.

Let's face it, there are some corps who have staffs who know what to do and the end of the season and others who don't. We can only hope that every corps on Saturday has a clean slate going in with no expectations either positive or negative. I have experienced both of these scenarios in my drum corps career. The last minute surge is much more fun than trying to limp to the finish with another corps breathing down your neck. Let's see who handles it.

• Like 1

I have not and will not see any DCA corps this year. However, having seen them in the past, I have not been overly impressed with the Cabs programming/level of difficulty in relation to the Bucs. Their (Cabs) marching technique has been all over the place the times I have seen them, and the visual package not that impressive.

Thus, I am asking the question are the Cabs all that this year, because they certainly seem to be getting the scores that would indicate so? And what about the Bucs this year? Are they (for them) having a 'down' year?

Having only seen the Cabs and Bucs at one show several weeks ago, I can only take a guess and how they peformed this past weekend. But judging the Cabs I saw this season vs the Cabs i've seen via youtube it looks like almost two entirely different corps. Its most certainly a step up from the reg.

Lets be honest for a second.. No one has been close to the Bucs in programming/ level of difficulty for the vast majority of the last 10 years. So to pick out one corps really isn't being fair when up until this year Bucs have lost a total of 2 shows since 2005... Now this year in my opinion the programming is about equal for both corps. Bucs have a more difficult visual program, but its tough to say whose is better. It all depends on taste. Starting from probably 2012 to now Cabs have steadily climbed the ladder and this year they are every bit as well programmed as Bucs. And I'd probably say Cabs march better than Bucs this year.

Edited by JerseyDCyanks

Lets be honest for a second.. No one has been close to the Bucs in programming/ level of difficulty for the vast majority of the last 10 years. So to pick out one corps really isn't being fair when up until this year Bucs have lost a total of 2 shows since 2005... Now this year in my opinion the programming is about equal for both corps. Bucs have a more difficult visual program, but its tough to say whose is better. It all depends on taste. Starting from probably 2012 to now Cabs have steadily climbed the ladder and this year they are every bit as well programmed as Bucs. And I'd probably say Cabs march better than Bucs this year.

Standding still certainly helps the visual program, thus appearing that they might march better.

• Like 2

I hope to see some shakeup when we get everyone in the same room so to speak. Minnesohtah, CV, Bucs, Cabs,... bring it!

Its times like this, being a newbie to DCA and all, I wish that the corps I've been googling were still around like Briggs, Westshore, and Statesmen. There were some groups that I think would make this a benchmark year.