2014 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Preliminary Competition

The corps is HYPED! The return of the Skyliners to DCA Championships!

I certainly hope we will be able to view an "unchoppy" video of Govs and WS later. Also, I would like very much to see the corps we missed. They've worked their buns off all year and THIS was their World Championship performance, although at least one will make finals.

Since DCA indicates that the problem is centered in stadium WiFi, they probably have their usual high quality (except 2nd half video of Cabs Alumni at Scranton) VOD going forward.

How upset would people be if the originally talked about proposal of starting with top seed was in place? Of course, we owe the same courtesy to CinnTrad that we would demand for Cabs. DCA is great about that !

"Ladies and gentlemen, the Skyliners are back and we are ready!"

Drum major salute.

Soloists start Feeling Good with guard dancers performing around them. Corps proper starts backfield. Soprano this a big high note before the corps turns front and plays Blue Skies for the big intro.

Really, they don't care about the score right now. They're just glad to be back, as is the rest of us.

Meanwhile, I've had two bees flying in and out of the press box window I'm set up at. This is getting old. Anybody got a can of Raid they can loan me?

By the way, no corps have used pit amplification up to this point.

A lot of energy coming from the corps during Blue Skies. A quick company front followed by a soprano soloist restating the main theme one last time and the opener is finished.

Nice Latin jazz arrangement of It Ain't Necessarily So. They've got a fever and they're getting the prescription during this song. Crowd is clapping along, as well.

There sure are a lot of parallels between Pioneer in DCI and the Kilties in DCA.

And that's not a good thing

Big park and blow moment followed by a laid back pit interlude with soprano soloist and contra laying down a killer pedal tone.