20140830_121536.jpg

Scores:

Cincinnati Tradition - 73.930

Excelsior - 71.330

Sun Devils - 82.250

Govenaires - 84.950

White Sabers - 88.030

Kilties - 74.480

I forgot the RAMD member whose signature block always was "there's something about that Skyliner sound,". But it seems appropriate to reprise THAT sentiment.

I completely agree, but there's another side of that coin that says that this is a competitive activity, so they shouldn't get all bent out of shape when they finish dead last every year (most probably don't, but we know some always do). They earned what they placed.

And they get smaller every year

Next on the field is Alliance from Atlanta, Georgia. Their 2014 program is entitled "Doomsday" and consists of:

Original Music

Goodbye My Son (from Man of Steel)

I forgot the RAMD member whose signature block always was "there's something about that Skyliner sound,". But it seems appropriate to reprise THAT sentiment.

That was Donnie Solinger of Reading Bucs fame ... he did a couple of years with Sky's Alumni from 1998-2002ish ... great guy ..

:-)

Our second corps in a row returning to the DCA Championships field after taking a few years off.

Very tight sound to start the show!

There is a HUGE clock midfield between the 30 and 40 on Side 1. It's currently reading 10 to midnight on Saturday, August 30. Doomsday is fast approaching...

This show design is classic Alliance. Dark, powerful, and a lot of ramming in the drum line.