2014 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

I have problems hearing the [bushwacker] people on the megaphone. I don't think that effect works as well as they'd like.

Yesterday I was sitting high on the right side, and could hear them clearly. But I could also hear corps warming up down the street during the quiet moments of corps on the field. Today I was low on the left side, and the megaphone speeches were less audible. But I could not hear any corps warming up.

Isn't it a shame that a corps like cadets so obviously were penalized for playing a real, no gimmick, no foo foo show. They played a wonderful DRUM CORP show and deserved a much higher score . Shame on the judges. Certainly will not be returning, DCA is not DCI, if I want a broadway production will travel to New York City.

I loved C2's show a lot, but they placed where they should have. They simply weren't clean enough to be any higher. If they had been, believe me they would have placed higher.

Before I forget:

20140831_194751.jpg

Tonight I noticed something I missed yesterday: that the Bush battery changes hats while they're in the cage.

I think some of these corps come "alive" when it becomes dark!

I thought almost all the corps tonight seemed more improved than one day's rehearsal could reasonably account for, and I wondered if yesterday's high temperatures had had an effect on performances.

Edit: I see that Kamarag made a similar point. And I hadn't even thought about bare guard feet on hot field turf.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

I thought almost all the corps tonight seemed more improved than one day's rehearsal could reasonably account for, and I wondered if yesterday's high temperatures had had an effect on performances.

Edit: I see that Kamarag made a similar point. And I hadn't even thought about bare guard feet on hot field turf.

There's absolutely no question in my mind that was exactly the case. Performers' feet were getting burned on the hot turf.