2014 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

Yeah, that was nails. They got a 99.50 last night to win the title.

I was sitting even closer to Star tonight than last night for the Mini competition, although a little more to the side. They were more impressive indoors, both because they made several little errors tonight and because the venue fit mini corps better than a stadium, and the crowd responded much more warmly indoors, too.

Dirty? Where? Maybe I should check recaps as I heard they were at least 2nd in perc to Bucs. Now that recaps r up I'll check. No offense, but I am not ashamed to say that I'm to 'Old School Drum Corps'. Not adapting at all to the direction and changes. Now that DCA is kinda following DCI with respect to the theatrics and amplification, I choose to bow out. I don't follow or attend DCI shows because of those very reasons. What will be next? Saxophones? Clarinets? Saw the poster this weekend at the stadium of a flute player and the direction WGI May or Is going. Night all.

• Like 1

taking all those captions was awesome. i mean how did they do it? they couldn't even win thrie own show last week! congrats to the greatest DCA corps of all time

sorry frank. i feel for ya buddy. i thought ya had it tonight.

they should hve last week

Two judges assigned the Bucs a 100 with two corps left to perform. How does that leave room for either of the final two corps to score higher? Did those two judges feel that neither of the two remaining corps could possibly be better? Two additional judges assigned MBI a 100 with Cabs no room left to score higher. How could Cab se be determined to NOT BE TOPS in four captions before performing?

How can a judge make it impossible for any corps to outscore a corps that performed before them?

Joe

Huh? I don't see any 100's in the recaps. None. Anywhere. What are you smoking? :) A 19.7 does NOT equal a 10.0. Basic math buddy.

Edited by Ron H

C'mon DCA it's a small pdf how long can it take to upload.

given the stadium internet issues this weekend.....

There's your 2014 champion.

The Hawthorne Caballeros just slammed the door.

Cabs. Easily.

Heh. Tonight after the performance I was as sure Cabs would win as I was last year that Bucs would win, although tonight I figured Bucs and MBI would be within a half point of Cabs and a quarter point of each other. Oops.

Why in the hell is Windsor going on after Star? What an audience killer. If you're going to let 11th go on, it should be at the beginning

I think the reason is that DCA knew they needed time for score tabulation, and that one exhibition wasn't going to be enough. So they offered that performance to Sunrisers, who declined, and Windsor got a chance for one more performance, and the crowd seemed to enjoy them.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Speaking of Harrisburg, I spent most of the evening talking with the person next to me, who knows you. Her name is Cheri or Sherrie and I believe she was variously a color guard member, contra player, bari player, and conductor for Westshoremen. More recently she played timpani for Fusion Core (although not this year, obviously). And she's done some costume work for Buccaneers. It brought home how many people within the activity all seem to know each other.

good old Sherry.

Isn't it a shame that a corps like cadets so obviously were penalized for playing a real, no gimmick, no foo foo show. They played a wonderful DRUM CORP show and deserved a much higher score . Shame on the judges. Certainly will not be returning, DCA is not DCI, if I want a broadway production will travel to New York City.

yeah i mean they placed 2nd in drums. the shame

• Like 1

Gil Silva just slipped and called this DCA's 50th wedding anniversary.

Maybe he was thinking of the Sun Devils proposal that was to be forthcoming?