Carolina Panthers kicker warms up during half-time show.

Here's my email...and I had to tone it down a bit from what I posted on Facebook.

"Yeah...you're probably going to be getting a lot of these emails regarding this....deal with it.

Seriously WHAT THE HELL were Gano and your entire coaching staff thinking? He couldn't do warmup kicks into the net on the sideline like normal? He has to get in the way of a group in the middle of their performance during THEIR time on the field?

Never mind that Gano is DELIBERATELY KICKING THE BALL THROUGH A GROUP OF PEOPLE NOT WEARING PROTECTIVE HELMETS...people who ALSO cannot even raise their hands to protect themselves because they have musical instruments in their hands.

Really...do you WANT the potential lawsuit if one of the band members gets a concussion or other injury because of his actions? A defensive lineman trying to block a kick at least has protective padding on.

Not to mention that the lack of respect for anyone on the field who's NOT a direct part of the game.

Re interfering with their performance...I know some people who would drop Gano in a second if he did that to them during THEIR performance...he'd probably like a color guard rifle to the knee about as much as a band member would like a football KICKED INTO HIS HEAD. Let's also talk about his pushing the one player...unbelievable douchbaggery.

We've seen this kind of stuff before in the past...particularly this incident:

http://www.scorpsboard.com/news/2001_news/DeKalbChronicle7-12-01.html

Really, Panthers? REALLY? NONE of the coaching staff thought this was an insanely ####### STUPID idea??

Your guys are supposed to be professionals....how about acting like it?"

• Like 1

I'm imagining a scenario where a DCI color guard quickly converges on him, hoists him over their heads, and performs improvisational prop work with him until they can gracefully get him to a safer part of the field. (Possibly followed by a scolding and maybe some glares.)

I'm imagining a scenario where a DCI color guard quickly converges on him, hoists him over their heads, and performs improvisational prop work with him until they can gracefully get him to a safer part of the field. (Possibly followed by a scolding and maybe some glares.)

Now if it had been back in the days of post-show fights and sharpened buckles....

Back ca 1976 the Yankee Rebels were doing halftime at Washington and one of the teams kickers had been hurt just before the half. Last few minutes of halftime kicker goes a few yards on the field to try a kick (pre net days?) and camera in on him.

... then you see the feet coming in from the top of the screen (old style company front)....

Kicker changed his mind and left the field without a kick.

Rumor has it the kicker is mad that DCI now allows trombones.

Just spit out my water...now cleaning up my desk!!!