IRS complaint filed against DCI?

Is this Life Threatening? 20 pages (and I added to it, silly me!)?

First off, this Mr. Blair means nothing to the present or future of the activity so why give him a forum at all? Besides will any of this conversation help improve drum corps? I think DCP and DCI should have a forum where members can talk to reps from DCI and DCA and those reps can talk to the fans...the people that give their money to support DCI and DCA and the corps that make up those organizations.

Since when is there a standard on DCP threads that they must help improve drum corps?

In this case it may do so because he is actually attacking DCI through official means. Even if it's pointless, such claims can gain popular support that could hurt DCI in other ways. Pointing out the absurdity of could help reduce that response, and therefor the harm.

Admittedly, it's unlikely to make much difference, but the only standard I required in this case is; someone disses something I love, gotta defend it.

• Like 1

First off, this Mr. Blair means nothing to the present or future of the activity so why give him a forum at all? Besides will any of this conversation help improve drum corps? I think DCP and DCI should have a forum where members can talk to reps from DCI and DCA and those reps can talk to the fans...the people that give their money to support DCI and DCA and the corps that make up those organizations.

I think the NFL would disagree with your summation.

That "club" of participant organizations did nothing and, in just the last week, has lost millions of sponsorship and ad revenue because they didn't take an accusation seriously. While I recognize that those accusations are grossly more important than Cesario's relationship with DCI/FJM, it is an example of ignoring a complaint doesn't mean it will go away on its own. Mr. Blair's demands might find their way to FJM's doorstep (or another provider's) that might - might - lead to them questioning their support of our little "club". Anything I can do to prevent that is well worth the effort, IMO.

Mr. Blair has a captive group of like-minded pitchfork-wielders to whom he can spew his hatred. I see nothing wrong with challenging his views and exposing his folly to transparency both here and on FB (although I'll leave the FB posts to others).

But, then again, you didn't seem to find value in the study of the 990's either, so I'm not surprised that you find little value in this thread.

I wonder if you'd feel differently if our discussion was about a nutcase making wild accusations about DCI in 1972 (1962, 1952, 1942...).

• Like 2

well.....that was kinda tried on here before. and it opens up worms like you wouldn't believe. In fact, it could lead to a situation like this

...heh...yah, your bat's just a bit softer...

no, I'm just choosier at what pitches to swing at

• Like 1

Over the next 2 or 3 days, there will be about 25 posters who will rue the fact that you beat them to the punch with that response.

so I'll ignore him and reply to you instead. thus screwing up the stats

:tounge2:

so I'll ignore him and reply to you instead. thus screwing up the stats

:tounge2:

Spoilsport.

...heh...yah, your bat's just a bit softer...

As any baseball player will tell you...It's not the bat that matters, but the degree of talent contained within he who carries it.

Edited by HornTeacher