IRS complaint filed against DCI?

They are spending too much time and energy hating, and disliking and #####ing and moaning. Especially that one guy on there who is posting emails and kinds of "evidence" to back himself up.

Yeah B____ I drank the Kool Aid. Sure was delicious.

yeah I love being accused of being a shill. granted I have more posts here than anyone, but I'd say I've said more than my fair share of things about DCI that isn't glowing in praise

• Like 1

"They refuse to see any option other than theirs" - from Jeff and

They are spending too much time and energy hating, and disliking and ######## and moaning. Especially that one guy on there who is posting emails and kinds of "evidence" to back himself up.

Yeah B____ I drank the Kool Aid. Sure was delicious.

Did I somehow get on the local newspapers website?????

Sounds like the discussion about that college in the middle of the state that just played Rutgers in FB (football not Facebook)..... But the question is what (school) color is the Kool Aid LOL......

Edited by JimF-LowBari

What's interesting is the lack of logic in Mr. Blair's base argument that current providers and advisers to DCI are somehow being unfairly advantaged by a presumed "favoritism", "conflict of interest", or "lack of transparency". In the face of rumor and possible fact, it just doesn't add up. I contend that DCI could equally be getting a terrific deal as a result of Cesario's relationship with FJM, and the possibility exists that other relationships provide similar value to DCI.

Isn't there an accepted norm that, for instance, FJM provides uniforms at low-cost or, in some cases, free to drum corps to have access to the wider marching arts audience (ie, marching bands, indoor, etc)? If such is true then drum corps is a loss-leader to FJM, not a profit center. (The same argument can be made of other equipment suppliers and service providers).

So if these providers view drum corps as a loss-leader, how is it possible that FJM is being favored simply because Cesario is connected to them? If drum corps are getting equipment and unis at favorable prices, how can Cesario's relationship result in FJM being unfairly capitalizing on that relationship? Or Yamaha, or (name an equipment supplier)?

It seems that Blair's contention could only be true if suppliers were being unfairly advantaged against competitors because of the Cesario (or other staff) relationships.

In a single, poignant question: What are the damages being claimed by Blair that FJM enjoys at the expense of other providers? If FJM is providing a lower cost over another provider, how is DCI harmed or who is DCI harming?

"Unfair advantage" usually equates to unfair profits. Where are they, Mr. Blair?

I don't know details, but I suspect the same argument can be used for others providing service to DCI. It could be DCI is getting a great bargain and much more service than the fees paid would suggest (that discussion is left to the DCI executive and board meetings).

But to claim de facto harm due to a personal relationship ignores the possibility that a favored relationship (such as Cesario's, Jacobs', or DeNovi's) might result not in favorable treatment, but in a valuable service provided at a value price.

Or is Mr. Blair suggesting that FJM is being taken advantage of by DCI's relationship with Cesario? That crazy question seems to make about as much sense as Blair's contentions in his FB "Romper Room" of screaming toddlers.

Edited by garfield
  • Like 2

It's just the disgruntled and bitter JB trying to start up drama. Plain and simple. He seems so obsessed about trying to create the downfall of DCI, or trying to expose some evil or wrong cover up or wrong-doings.

What's interesting is the lack of logic in Mr. Blair's base argument that current providers and advisers to DCI are somehow being unfairly advantaged by a presumed "favoritism", "conflict of interest", or "lack of transparency". In the face of rumor and possible fact, it just doesn't add up. I contend that DCI could equally be getting a terrific deal as a result of Cesario's relationship with FJM, and the possibility exists that other relationships provide similar value to DCI.

Isn't there an accepted norm that, for instance, FJM provides uniforms at low-cost or, in some cases, free to drum corps to have access to the wider marching arts audience (ie, marching bands, indoor, etc)? If such is true then drum corps is a loss-leader to FJM, not a profit center. (The same argument can be made of other equipment suppliers and service providers).

So if these providers view drum corps as a loss-leader, how is it possible that FJM is being favored simply because Cesario is connected to them? If drum corps are getting equipment and unis at favorable prices, how can Cesario's relationship result in FJM being unfairly capitalizing on that relationship? Or Yamaha, or (name an equipment supplier)?

It seems that Blair's contention could only be true if suppliers were being unfairly advantaged against competitors because of the Cesario (or other staff) relationships.

In a single, poignant question: What are the damages being claimed by Blair that FJM enjoys at the expense of other providers? If FJM is providing a lower cost over another provider, how is DCI harmed or who is DCI harming?

"Unfair advantage" usually equates to unfair profits. Where are they, Mr. Blair?

I don't know details, but I suspect the same argument can be used for others providing service to DCI. It could be DCI is getting a great bargain and much more service than the fees paid would suggest (that discussion is left to the DCI executive and board meetings).

But to claim de facto harm due to a personal relationship ignores the possibility that a favored relationship (such as Cesario's, Jacobs', or DeNovi's) might result not in favorable treatment, but in a valuable service provided at a value price.

Or is Mr. Blair suggesting that FJM is being taken advantage of by DCI's relationship with Cesario? That crazy question seems to make about as much sense as Blair's contentions in his FB "Romper Room" of screaming toddlers.

• Like 1

A lot there to digest and consider, Gar. Very well written...just going to take this simple mind a bit to formulate.

On the surface, one simple question keeps coming into my mind...

If other "providers" are being unfairly, or more so, illegally, disadvantaged due to Cesario's relationship with FJM, and if that has happened over the course of a number of years...

Don't you think they, and their legal staffs, would have brought these charges against DCI long before now on their very own behalfs?

If, and since, they haven't (at least to our knowledge)...who does Mr. Blair think has promoted or assigned him to speak for them?

I was undoubtedly too wordy in my prior. Here's a simpler version:

If FJM gets a lot of business from Cesario's relationship with them, and if drum corps is a loss-leader for FJM, the other uni providers are being unfairly treated because they, too, can't give away unis?

Uh, favoritism and self-dealing don't work that way. Self-dealing is where FJM is profiting unfairly because of their Cesario/DCI relationship. I think it would be a tough case to prove that FJM is making too much money as a result of having Cesario on staff.

Again, these are all questions for the DCI exec and board rooms, not for open discussion on this or any other social board, and certainly not part of Mr. Blair's entitlement.

My hunch is that drum corps enjoy Cesario's FJM relationship because they get great uniforms at attractive prices or free which, if true, pretty much kills Blair's arguments from the get-go.

I was undoubtedly too wordy in my prior. Here's a simpler version:

If FJM gets a lot of business from Cesario's relationship with them, and if drum corps is a loss-leader for FJM, the other uni providers are being unfairly treated because they, too, can't give away unis?

Uh, favoritism and self-dealing don't work that way. Self-dealing is where FJM is profiting unfairly because of their Cesario/DCI relationship. I think it would be a tough case to prove that FJM is making too much money as a result of having Cesario on staff.

Again, these are all questions for the DCI exec and board rooms, not for open discussion on this or any other social board, and certainly not part of Mr. Blair's entitlement.

My hunch is that drum corps enjoy Cesario's FJM relationship because they get great uniforms at attractive prices or free which, if true, pretty much kills Blair's arguments from the get-go.

Thanks, Gar. I feel better now that I was (basically) reading the situation correctly.

As far as your point that "these are all questions for the DCI execs and board rooms, (and) not for open discussion on this or any other social media board"...I fully agree.

However...in all reality...has that every really stopped us? :silly: It is not DCP, after all, who initally opened up the charges. That is not said to lessen our responsibility or culpability...but I doubt that Mr. Blair raised his own charges in a vacuum, either. He wanted (and even more sadly, maybe expected) support. Well, as far as I am concerned...sucks to be him. Certainly not my "norm" for DCP conduct...but I'll stand by it.

Edited by HornTeacher

It's just the disgruntled and bitter JB trying to start up drama. Plain and simple. He seems so obsessed about trying to create the downfall of DCI, or trying to expose some evil or wrong cover up or wrong-doings.

You're right. An old story, " If I can't have it then I don't want anyone to have it" He's extreme for sure, bitter ,no doubt about it, but we only have to look around to see other degrees of it.

Quit picking on RAMD :tounge2:

Last night tried to post on the local newpapers webpage comment section for a certain news article. Forgot that 2nd shift admins are touchy as anything. The worst ones delete any post that is flagged without even reading it apparently. Some of the trolls post something flamible and then flag any response to kill opposing opinions. At least here they read the fraking posts before they go bye-bye.

OMG, RAMD was HORRIBLE. Just HORRIBLE. Jeff's been much better on here :poke: and that other person seems to have been Barred :ninja: .....