IRS complaint filed against DCI?

Mr. Blair seems to be a limbic thinker. What I mean is, it's not about assertions of fact supporting a case against Cesario, DCI or whoever. He doesn't really care about any of that.

He has a malignant feeling about DCI. Simple as that. In his mind, DCI is a run by a bunch of bad guys colluding in any number of ways to benefit themselves. He believes that like a religion, so it doesn't make sense to him to have to support his conclusions. He has his faith. We are offending him by even asking for evidence (or even clarification). The Kool-Aid thing is of course more properly applied to himself, and that's probably why he throws it at everyone else so much. He considers those who require evidence to believe things to be part of the conspiracy. You're either with him or you're against him.

The funny thing is that this website is full of DCI-bashers! But they are defending DCI in this case. Even here people take it for granted that DCI has good intentions.

• Like 1

OMG, RAMD was HORRIBLE. Just HORRIBLE. Jeff's been much better on here :poke: and that other person seems to have been Barred :ninja: .....

please. i'm more subtle here.

• Like 1

Isn't there an accepted norm that, for instance, FJM provides uniforms at low-cost or, in some cases, free to drum corps to have access to the wider marching arts audience (ie, marching bands, indoor, etc)? If such is true then drum corps is a loss-leader to FJM, not a profit center. (The same argument can be made of other equipment suppliers and service providers).

You are correct that the wider marching arts market is the real target.

So if these providers view drum corps as a loss-leader, how is it possible that FJM is being favored simply because Cesario is connected to them? If drum corps are getting equipment and unis at favorable prices, how can Cesario's relationship result in FJM being unfairly capitalizing on that relationship? Or Yamaha, or (name an equipment supplier)?

It seems that Blair's contention could only be true if suppliers were being unfairly advantaged against competitors because of the Cesario (or other staff) relationships.

I believe the inference of Blair is that Cesario could be attempting to influence competitive results in favor of FJM corps. The benefit would not be in sales to drum corps, but rather, sales to the wider marching arts... and in the marketing value of your endorsing corps being at the top of the heap. Any equipment supplier would love to advertise that their product is being used by the pertinent DCI caption winner, and/or innumerable other top corps.

(Not that I believe his claim - just answering your question.)

Is this Life Threatening? 20 pages (and I added to it, silly me!)?

First off, this Mr. Blair means nothing to the present or future of the activity so why give him a forum at all? Besides will any of this conversation help improve drum corps? I think DCP and DCI should have a forum where members can talk to reps from DCI and DCA and those reps can talk to the fans...the people that give their money to support DCI and DCA and the corps that make up those organizations.

• Like 2

I think DCP and DCI should have a forum where members can talk to reps from DCI and DCA and those reps can talk to the fans...

DCP did try something sort of like that, but it petered out.

Is this Life Threatening? 20 pages (and I added to it, silly me!)?

First off, this Mr. Blair means nothing to the present or future of the activity so why give him a forum at all? Besides will any of this conversation help improve drum corps? I think DCP and DCI should have a forum where members can talk to reps from DCI and DCA and those reps can talk to the fans...the people that give their money to support DCI and DCA and the corps that make up those organizations.

This is really the crux of the discussion, isn't it? On the flip side, it's amusing to see DCP rally against someone even too nutty for us!

That's sometimes happens with age. :)

Over the next 2 or 3 days, there will be about 25 posters who will rue the fact that you beat them to the punch with that response.

• Like 1