Pacific Crest and Blue Devils Team Up in SoCal Clinic/Audition

Ha; but why not form a nonsensical, asinine opinion of events they didn't attend and business meetings they have no knowledge of?!

We could even go one step further... why not form nonsensical asinine opinions of comments made on here on events that poster didn't attend either ?

If the new discussion criteria offered up by you is not to offer up comments and opinions on something or other in Drum Corps that we did not personally attend , I think we should all be able to agree here that this new criteria of yours would put a severe crimp in your own personal ability to post anything on here anymore.

And I wouldn't be in favor of that for you... nor anyone else on here for that matter. So I hope you arn't serious about what appears to be your suggestion of limiting comments, observations, assessments on here to only those events, shows, meetings, etc that posters here have attended in person themselves.

Edited by BRASSO

People auditioning for both at these clinics might find that they didn't make BD, but that PC would be happy to take them...and these could easily be people who would NOT have gone to the clinic without the name recognition of BD being attached to the clinic, along with people like Sean Glyde and John Meehan being present and participating.

Yes 84, some might just go to the other line and sign on with PC. The other thing is many of those who audition with BD are older, most are familiar with DCI, and who the stronger corps are. Until this all plays out over time, I still feel many quality mm will pass on PC and head elsewhere. If this partnership really helps PC in a few years, I'll be right there with others who'll say "I'll be dammed!"

Which is NOT what I said. People auditioning for both at these clinics might find that they didn't make BD, but that PC would be happy to take them...and these could easily be people who would NOT have gone to the clinic without the name recognition of BD being attached to the clinic, along with people like Sean Glyde and John Meehan being present and participating.

Garfield got it...you did not.

I never once suggested anywhere above that people that try out for BD that get cut, might go...... or surely will go,....... or might not go........or will never go, etc to PC under this arrangement. As a matter of fact I took NO position on this, nor made ANY comment regarding it. So frankly I refuse to be put in a position to defend a position, a comment, an observation, or an assessment I did not make.

As for your assessment that those that try out for BD, but don't make BD, might opt for PC, you might be right... or you might be proven wrong. Nobody really knows. My initial sense is that those that try out for BD and get cut, will do what many have done of late: go home and don't march anywhere, or go back to BD next year if they are still age eligible, or opt for some other Corps . But only time will tell, of course. But just so you know, none of this here that you commented on just now has anything at all with my comments made above.

Edited by BRASSO

I never once suggested anywhere above that people that try out for BD that get cut, might go or surely will go,.... or might not go......or will never go, etc to PC under this arrangement. As a matter of fact I took NO position on this, nor made ANY comment regarding it. So frankly I refuse to be put in a position to defend a position, a comment, an observation, or an assessment I did not make.

No, but you did say that PC was publicly admitting that they will never compete with BD by taking part in this joint camp.

How do you arrive at that summation?

No, but you did say that PC was publicly admitting that they will never compete with BD by taking part in this joint camp.

How do you arrive at that summation?

Its not a " summation ". Its an initial " assessment ". A " summation " is principally utilized for issues relating to numbers, or in the legal world, closing remarks.

I see no reason for me to repeat my assessment once again, as I stated above my assessment in a clear, understandable manner it seems to me. If my assessment makes you angry, mad, frustrated or whatever, well, I don't know what to tell you other than thats for you to have to deal with. I can't help you with that, nor be required to. There are things posted on here from time to timet that I find wholly inaccurate, non factual, or silly if its an observation or an assessment, or an opinion. But I learn to relax and take it all in stride, after perhaps chiming in on it.. Sometimes too, I will find that a poster makes a cogent and insightful reply, and it allows me to rethink my previously held position on something or other. But its rarely accomplished from the angry or those that simply want to argue, or troll, or name call, or whatever. I believe that on occasion i might have reached the non posters here with my assessments and observations.. the many on here who read but don't post. But who knows. I can pretty much identify the cadre of squad cheerleaders on here that pretty much stick together on everything, don't want to hear of a contrarian thought on anything at all here, but just their own shared dogmas, voices, assessments, opinions,, etc. I'm not interested much at all in those close minded, intolerant posters, nor their feedback on much of anything at all that I might post on here.. But thats just me, and I make absolutely no apologies for this.

Edited by BRASSO

Its not a " summation ". Its an initial " assessment ". A " summation " is principally utilized for issues relating to numbers, or in the legal world, closing remarks.

I see no reason for me to repeat my assessment once again, as I stated above my assessment in a clear, understandable manner it seems to me. If my assessment makes you angry, mad, frustrated or whatever, well, I don't know what to tell you other than thats for you to have to deal with. I can't help you with that, nor be required to. There are things posted on here from time to timet that I find wholly inaccurate, non factual, or silly if its an observation or an assessment, or an opinion. But I learn to relax and take it all in stride, after perhaps chiming in on it.. Sometimes too, I will find that a poster makes a cogent and insightful reply, and it allows me to rethink my previously held position on something or other. But its rarely accomplished from the angry or those that simply want to argue, or troll, or name call, or whatever. I believe that on occasion i might have reached the non posters here with my assessments and observations.. the many on here who read but don't post. But who knows. I can pretty much identify the cadre of squad cheerleaders on here that pretty much stick together on everything, don't want to hear of a contrarian thought on anything at all here, but just their own shared dogmas, voices, assessments, opinions,, etc. I'm not interested much at all in those close minded, intolerant posters, nor their feedback on much of anything at all that I might post on here.. But thats just me, and I make absolutely no apologies for this.

#summary

if you don't agree with me you're a close-minded, intolerant troll. lord almighty how is this guy not banned for life?

• Like 5

Don't forget he ALSO said PC was now nothing more than a feeder corps for BD.....like BD needs ANY other corps to be feeders for them. Even the C and B corps have ceased to be true feeders, as B corps member have to fight it out with the multitudes from other corps wishing to get a spot. The days of a B corps member getting an A corps spot just because he WAS in the B corps are long past.

BD has NO problem with people trying to get in. They had almost half the corps age out after last year, yet they'll have no lack of applicants.

I doubt 'Coats will either...not after "Tilt." I don't think Cadets have had member issues since they hit the big time,

But that's OK...Brasso can go in implying that BD gets it's members by poaching from corps who place far beneath it...everyone needs a wet-dream fantasy -- no matter how utterly wrong it may be.

• Like 4

#summary

if you don't agree with me you're a close-minded, intolerant troll. lord almighty how is this guy not banned for life?

lol!.... all you do is follow me around 24-7 on here and engage in attacks while simultaneously offering us up nothing of substance, nor detail in replies to where your opinions, assessments, observations, etc differ from mine. A poster that engages in no discussion of comments made, but simply engages in personal attacks on that poster fits the classic definition of trolling. Thats what you are doing here with me... trolling. That said, I would NOT support any efforts for your " banning for life " ( the classic definition of " intolerance " ). I think its helpful for others here ( and those that just read, don't post on here ) to observe the differences between honest debate and discussion on here, even when posters might have sharp differences of opinion on a topic, and express it so in perhaps heated and passionate fashion too on occasion, and the utterly shameless activity of worthless trolling that you have engaged in with me the last year on here.

Edited by BRASSO

I never once suggested anywhere above that people that try out for BD that get cut, might go...... or surely will go,....... or might not go........or will never go, etc to PC under this arrangement. As a matter of fact I took NO position on this, nor made ANY comment regarding it. So frankly I refuse to be put in a position to defend a position, a comment, an observation, or an assessment I did not make.

So, how do you square this with your proclamation that the very existence of a joint camp between BD and PC is proof positive that PC is, and always will be, a "feeder corps" to BD and is, by participating in this clinic they are declaring that proof to the world?

I wish your parsing of your posts started when you made the post instead of after it's challenged.

What's frustrating ("maddening" in my use of the word) is your proclamation of fact based on presumptions with no evidence to back it up. Even when presented with an alternative view (ex: BD is actually a "feeder corps" to PC) you stand by your claim of presumption as your opinion.

I believe that's the source of corpsband's comment and, at the risk of being accused of conspiring with him against you (LOL), I agree with him in this case.

• Like 1

DCP is after all entertainment. Taking facts at face-value is so, not fun.

To me, PC gets the most out of this setup. Isn't the drum corps activity growing in S. Cal? The best thing to happen is for more potential marchers from the area to have a reason to stay local.

Is it fair to say BD has demonstrated through their history they like to try different things?

I could see this being the start of an annual combine for all the Cal Corps to showcase talent. They could call it "Combine West" :wow:

$1 to the year 1971.