Roof open in Indy yesterday

Ah, umm, then there was the regional at the Georgiadome in Atlanta, and the roof falling in section 322 or 321...

Ask Carolina Crown, they had to exit and re-enter the field 3X because the rain on the roof was that loud that percussion judges couldn't distinguish the rain from the drums.

No lie.

i had that problem in Allentown one year

:ninja:

I was at the Colts game on Sunday, about 20 rows up on the 45 when the IU Stumbling Hundred played at halftime. Even considering the source, having the roof open was no great help to the sound. The hole in the roof isn't that big, and there are still substantial overhangs all around the field. Given the curtains that are placed for DCI, keeping the roof closed is the way to go. When you factor in what happened the night of the Sugarland tragedy a couple years ago, and I think it's a safe bet we'll never see the stadium roof and window open for finals.

Something else worth mentioning is the light factor with an open roof. When it'a open, there are some pretty freaky shadows cast by the light due to the design of the building that would detract from watching the early corps.

And BOO to the guy who called my alma mater the Stumbling Hundred. Our football team may perpetually suck, but our band is always good.