Theater Attendance Growth - 11 year record growth

When was the last time you saw the NHL on ESPN? Both sides took a beating on that one.... Only thing memorable about the ESPN telecasts was the Jim Schoenfeld-Don Koharski incident (aka "Have another donut you fat pig") after a playoff game. Poor cameraman getting a shot of the players leaving the ice and these two almost came to blows right in front of him. It's on YT but can't get the link right now...... I saw it live and my jaw was hitting the ground....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

When was the last time you saw the NHL on ESPN? Both sides took a beating on that one.... Only thing memorable about the ESPN telecasts was the Jim Schoenfeld-Don Koharski incident (aka "Have another donut you fat pig") after a playoff game. Poor cameraman getting a shot of the players leaving the ice and these two almost came to blows right in front of him. It's on YT but can't get the link right now...... I saw it live and my jaw was hitting the ground....

True enough, but I guess DCI can brag about something when they were on ESPN2, and beating average ratings of NHL sounds, maybe, a bit cooler than beating one-time viewing of billiards, or 9 hours of tennis :tounge2:

• Like 1

But didn't DCI get better ratings than NHL?

Edit - yes, it did from an average stand-point: at least the first year in 2005. Here's an old DCI article about the ratings

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=4d1162d1-eee2-4a4f-8c88-c0eb812ff899

yes, which is one of the reasons the NHL was dropped.