Carolina Crown 2015

Weekend 3 Update.

The kids are getting tied of GWU and are ready to hit the road. Which I find funny that they want to give up staying in a very nice southern small town university, but they are ready to perform. The normal ST bumps and burses although there seems to be less limping than I remember from last years ST, which is good. What is great to see as an Alumni (and parent) that the kids are all pulling for and encouraging everyone else, right down to the brass giving it up for the percussion after playing the "Gates of Hell" as they came into the stadium for ensemble. VERY Very nice to see as many time it's not like that. It's each individual group and one looses the perspective of what a "TEAM" is.

The brass is continuing to hammer through things, the percussion is exciting to listen to and watch and the guard are doing to great things and (to my brass ears) I think are ahead of last year. They are all going to have their bumps in their long (to them) road to Finals.

They have almost the entire show in the field as so Saturday night with just a few pages left. Again very noticeable improvement in the performance level that will continue to grow. To me the Dies Irae just blows you over then the Adagio is growing more and more haunting that gives me chills. We can start to see the finessing of things start to happen as the Design Team was all in Sunday night.........so "Business Picked up"!!!! It will be interesting to see how this show is received as it's a "Un-Crown" show; which is not a negative..........it's just different from their recent history. If recent history holds up- around Allentown things will be clicking on all 150 cylinders.

They are really looking forward to putting the initial polish on the show and make a statement at Saturday's Preview then hit the road heading toward Indy for the first show.

In the end- it does not matter what everyone thinks about the notes played, things being hit, things being thrown, people moving and the uniform warn.....these are teenagers and young adults that just simply want to entertain everyone they come in contact with and do it the very best they can all just for memories and life long friendships.

Edited by splat-a-drag-a-phonium
  • Like 5

Weekend 3 Update.

The kids are getting tied of GWU and are ready to hit the road. Which I find funny that they want to give up staying in a very nice southern small town university, but they are ready to perform. The normal ST bumps and burses although there seems to be less limping than I remember from last years ST, which is good. What is great to see as an Alumni (and parent) that the kids are all pulling for and encouraging everyone else, right down to the brass giving it up for the percussion after playing the "Gates of Hell" as they came into the stadium for ensemble. VERY Very nice to see as many time it's not like that. It's each individual group and one looses the perspective of what a "TEAM" is.

The brass is continuing to hammer through things, the percussion is exciting to listen to and watch and the guard are doing to great things and (to my brass ears) I think are ahead of last year. They are all going to have their bumps in their long (to them) road to Finals.

They have almost the entire show in the field as so Saturday night with just a few pages left. Again very noticeable improvement in the performance level that will continue to grow. To me the Dies Irae just blows you over then the Agagio is growing more and more haunting that gives me chills. We can start to see the finessing of things start to happen as the Design Team was all in Sunday night.........so "Business Picked up"!!!! It will be interesting to see how this show is received as it's a "Un-Crown" show; which is not a negative..........it's just different from their recent history. If recent history holds up- around Allentown things will be clicking on all 150 cylinders.

They are really looking forward to putting the initial polish on the show and make a statement at Saturday's Preview then hit the road heading toward Indy for the first show.

In the end- it does not matter what everyone thinks about the notes played, things being hit, things being thrown, people moving and the costume/ uniform warn.....these are teenagers and young adults that just simply want to entertain everyone they come in contact with and do it the very best they can all just for memories and life long friendships.

Thanks for the update and well stated.
  • Like 2

Weekend 3 Update.

They have almost the entire show in the field as so Saturday night with just a few pages left. Again very noticeable improvement in the performance level that will continue to grow. To me the Dies Irae just blows you over then the Agagio is growing more and more haunting that gives me chills. We can start to see the finessing of things start to happen as the Design Team was all in Sunday night.........so "Business Picked up"!!!! It will be interesting to see how this show is received as it's a "Un-Crown" show; which is not a negative..........it's just different from their recent history. If recent history holds up- around Allentown things will be clicking on all 150 cylinders.

In the end- it does not matter what everyone thinks about the notes played, things being hit, things being thrown, people moving and the costume/ uniform warn.....these are teenagers and young adults that just simply want to entertain everyone they come in contact with and do it the very best they can all just for memories and life long friendships.

What's an agagio?