Fan Network - Why have you forsaken me?

This is really bad that actually I remember the DCI 1-900 days....or the days when I had to wait for drum corps world to publish the previous weeks results...LOL

" 1-900- DCI- SHOW "

( haha!)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

DCI is working themselves back the the period of time when if you wanted the scores, you'd call a 900 number be and charged per minute or some such. I remember when the colleges football recruiting services used to have a 900 number you could call on the " leans " ( for which school ) and the latest recruiting scoops. You'd call the number, they'd give you some " teaser " little info, then try and keep you on the line by giving you yet another teaser that supposedly " will be coming out later tonite" on some super duper football 5 star 18 year older who would be announcing his decision tomorrow in a press conference but that this recruiting site just got the scoop, and for just 3 bucks they'd give you the lowdown tonite ( or some such ). Like a dope I put some money into those football recruiting services back years ago for awhile. Later, some of these 5 stars never made onto a football field, as they couldn't pass Fundamentals of StoryTelling, or Remedial Math, etc frosh year or some such. I learned a hard lesson with those football recruiting services. Found out later some of these football recruiting services were put out by guys that never played a lick of football themselves, and couldn't tell you a High School Football players future potential at the college football level any more than that of that School's lead Custodian could.... maybe less.

1-900-CAN-DRUM IIRC...

I would suspect this is a major money loser for DCI. I had a subscription to the fan network for years but did not join this year.

I have an incredible social life and was never around during the actual competition and relied on watching at a later date.

• Like 1

I would suspect this is a major money loser for DCI. I had a subscription to the fan network for years but did not join this year.

I have an incredible social life and was never around during the actual competition and relied on watching at a later date.

You would think they would have looked at the "stats" to see this information...perhaps they just wanted some income versus no income at all this go-around...

Edited by Liahona