Reasons for decrease in audience over the decades?

Hell I just googled IHNI (D'Oh)...... In the middle of reinventing myself at work as my old work got OBE'd (Overcome By Events) and got thrown into the deep end of DW (Data Warehousing). Googe has become my BFF in finding out what the Hades all these acronyms and buzzwords mean......

Looked up SOAB and hoping I got Andys meaning.. also found the PA version of SOAB (Sexual Offenders Assesment Board).....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Bought Philly Daily News right after New Years to get the latest Mummer report. They're hurting worse than DC as the route got changed and shortened. And you think corps people can gripe about "tradition". Then some idiot in one of the non-String Bands group (not the Fancy group, one I can't remember the title) went out in blackface which is a "tradition" the Mummers is still trying to forget. Last I heard they know the group but not the idiots name.

I heard they found a set a G bugles and will be introducing a rules change at their next congress ... OH MY!!!!

:w00t:

I heard they found a set a G bugles and will be introducing a rules change at their next congress ... OH MY!!!!

:w00t:

My guess is the argument is they'd be cheaper than maintaining those Bass Saxes. :satisfied:

A lot of similarities with the competitive bands and corps. Was lucky enough to have a KKY brother in Greater Overbrook who took me behind the scenes at the Show of Shows, several WCU sax majors and one percussion guy played in the bands as well. Yeah, they were looking for that kind of talent to play BITD, some griping, but hey- you got good people in to compete and succeed!

Folks complain about G7 and the same corps winning year after year in DCA and DCI, well, even the Mummers have their elite units- Quaker City, Ferko, Fralinger, maybe one or two more you can throw into that equation.

I thought WOW stood for Whip 'em Out Wednesdays.

Yes. Old time Opie and Anthony fan.

But I have no clue what some of that means at all. BTW I have, World of Warcraft I know from my son. SOAB? Is that like Soap? The TV show with Billy Crystal?

You are all giggling. I'm clueless.

Interesting your chose SOAP ... one of its meanings is Stamp Out Acronyms, PLEASE!

Well done!

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

WOAH - and that's not an acronym. :biggrin:

That is interesting.

I have a related question. I have heard you describe the "triad of effect" in other threads, and I have been wondering if the seemingly obligatory "theme show" format is a consequence of the "intellectual" component of that triad. Anyway, my question - which circuits use the "triad"? Is it employed in DCI? DCA?

the triad is pretty much a staple of effect, though in some cases I've seen, they worry more aout the climax or impact moments and forget to focus on the journey to get there

and the triad's been around for a while, so i doubt it is the single driver of intellectual getting so much love. Honestly i think people got away from the fact that being deep in all 3 parts is truly the most effective

• Like 1

WOW ... BTW IHNI that WOW stood for World of Warcraft ... SOAB ...

:-)

LOL

Agree Fran............plus many spending too much time online rather than gettin' out and doin' stuff---like attending shows!!!

well...

20 years ago I had 6 or so DCA shows I could attend in a 2 hour drive.

now I have 3

DCI I used to have 5 or so.

now I have 2

It is hard for me to believe that at one time (and for a Long Time) 4 States Dominated JR Corps & SR Corps. In Both Quantity and Quality. Being in New Jersey here is what I have noticed.

In JR Corps it was: New Jersey, Mass., Ill. and Wisc. in the Top 10. The last VFW States I was in, had 19 Corps. and I can Name 4 or 5 Field Corps that were not in it. Making the Top 5 was a GOAL!!!!

In SR. Corps it was: New Jersey, Penn., New York, and Mass.

Now New Jersey has none in JR Top 10, Or Top Corps in Quantity or Quality. I know we have some pretty darn good Corps. Let's face it. sure don't have two or three in Finial's any more.

In SR/All Age: New Jersey. We are hanging in pretty Good Though in both Quantity and Quality. New York/Penn./Mass., have almost died off.

But then look at ALL the New places Nation Wide in Both areas. Plus we have the New Alumni Corps.

Edited by 2B or not 2B