My take did not suck

Rack me. I'm out.

http://wp.me/pHgBd-Dx

• Like 1

When a caller on Jim Rome's radio show has a good "take", the call is "racked" for consideration as the best take of the show that day. It's also tradition to end calls with "I'm out".

When a caller on Jim Rome's radio show has a good "take", the call is "racked" for consideration as the best take of the show that day. It's also tradition to end calls with "I'm out".

Oh! So, by using that phrase (thanks Lincoln) YOU were saying for HIM to Rack YOU because yours is a particularly good take. And YOU were saying I'm Out to HIM!

Got it. Liked the videos, but

#$4^! me, I'm OLD!

Who the hell is Jim Rome and why is this even important? Many people think marching bands and drum corps suck, including people on this forum.

Who the hell is Jim Rome and why is this even important? Many people think marching bands and drum corps suck, including people on this forum.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Rome

James Phillip "Jim" Rome (born October 14, 1964) is an American sports radio talk show host syndicated by CBS Sports Radio.

Broadcasting from a studio near Los Angeles, California, Rome hosts The Jim Rome Show on radio. For a number of years Rome hosted a television show Jim Rome Is Burning (formerly Rome Is Burning), which aired on ESPN in the United States and TSN2 in Canada. In 2011, Rome ended his relationship with ESPN to join the CBS network where he hosts his own show, as well as an interview-format show on the Showtime channel.[1] His past hosting jobs included sports discussion television showsTalk2 (ESPN2), The FX Sports Show (FX), and The Last Word (Fox Sports Net). The Jim Rome Show is tied for the #21 most listened to talk radio show in the United States [2] and Rome is the #29 most influential talk radio personality[3] according to Talkers Magazine.

He apologized - I don't see why there's still a problem.

And frankly, I don't see why there was a problem in the first place. Nobody was bullied. He didn't change my opinion about marching bands or DCI. He didn't change the opinion of his listeners either. In fact, I'd say the backlash by marching fans did more harm than good - we looked overly sensitive, keeping up the stereotype already in the minds of many (especially when his apology contained "bullied").

The OP is correct that Rome had a take and it sucked. Let's move on.

Also, I remember the video of Steve Young. I always assumed that he was contacted by DCI (paid by DCI?) to make kind statements about drum corps. Does anyone know otherwise? As I understand it, Bobby Knight's opinion was sincere and based on his encounter with Star of Indiana.

• Like 1

He apologized - I don't see why there's still a problem.

And frankly, I don't see why there was a problem in the first place. Nobody was bullied. He didn't change my opinion about marching bands or DCI. He didn't change the opinion of his listeners either. In fact, I'd say the backlash by marching fans did more harm than good - we looked overly sensitive, keeping up the stereotype already in the minds of many (especially when his apology contained "bullied").

The OP is correct that Rome had a take and it sucked. Let's move on.

Also, I remember the video of Steve Young. I always assumed that he was contacted by DCI (paid by DCI?) to make kind statements about drum corps. Does anyone know otherwise? As I understand it, Bobby Knight's opinion was sincere and based on his encounter with Star of Indiana.

I kind of agree, and in fact there probably aren't many people outside the marching arts who noticed this. But, our interest group has been dissed, so it's natural that we'd be complaining about it.

I think it was important to make it an issue because his tweet was perpetuating this thought process, especially to those who follow Jim Rome. By ignoring this thought process by someone who is influential in the sports medium, it allows this type behavior to continue which could lead to bullying, and discouragement of young people to take on music. It was important that a stand was taken.