Who else?

When I use to drive a lot, I always tried to time it so, I would cross the Washington / Baltimore area between 12 midnight and 1 am. Rush HOURS were over, and the bars were not closed yet. Sail right threw.

God, remember when it was between:

Clifton HS had about 3 shows a year,

Newark Schools Stadium had 5 or 6 Shows a year alone.

Jersey City had at least 2 National's type shows. and some times 3,

Garfield HS Garfield Invatational

ALL within about 10 or 15 miles of each other. And, I mean with TOP Name Corps. Both Local Corps and some far away Nationaly Famous Corps would come. ALL summer, EVERY year, A Good Show almost every Weekend, all summer long. Both JR and Sr Corps. From the Last weekend in MAY too Mid September. Full Field Compititions (and that is NOT counting Many other more local shows at other High Schools Stadiums in that Same area.) Could see about 20 Full Field Contests a year).

Edited by 2B or not 2B
  • Like 1

re: Rochester's can-of-worms - it was the intersection of I590/I490. 2 lanes from each came together, and within a quarter-mile, crossed in an X pattern and split. happened in both directions. has since been corrected with extra lanes and flyovers.

BTW, on the other side of town, there is a similar confluence (tho' not quite as bad) at I390/I490/Llyell Av exit which is going to be redone soon (this yr?). another 3-5yr project