Who else?

A few answers for Xandandl.

The Muchachos from New Hampshire are an EXIBITION/Parade Corps. They are not really an Alumni Corps. They do many events in New England. They were a Compitition Corps in 50s, '60s and I think '70s. I don't believe I have ever seen them in a solely "Alumni" show.

The DCA Cabs are just that. A DCA competing Corps. Then there is the "Cabs Alumni" Corps" from Hawthorne, NJ. They are Big and just about the Best in the "Alumni" area of things. The "Muchacho's" were a JUNIOR Compitition Corps that became Nationaly famous in DCI. Although they competed for many Years before DCI.

Going to WILDWOOD, NJ, is about 2 different things.

The First Full Weekend in June is The New Jersey State "Elks Parade". Many Elks Lodges hire "Alumni" Corps. AND I mean BIG name ones: BS Golden Knights, NYC Skyliners, Caballeros, Bridgemen, Reilly Raiders, Archie, and many more. They come for the whole weeken, and Most give Free Concerts at either their motel and/or the the sponsoring Elks Lodge. They have some DCA and DCI coorps (Like: Fusion, Bush, Jersey Surf, and Raiders that also show up at times also.)

Then a week or so later, in June. IT IS A FULL DCA show. Usually: Cabs, Buc's, Cadet2, Fusion, Hurks and such. The FIRST DCA Compitition of the Year. Small stadium, BUT, a Good show in a Good place to have fun on the Beach and Boardwalk and Drum Corps.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

And NH Muchachos did the Mini Corps competition circuit a few years back too. Saw them at Harrisburg and Rochester....

Screw Wildwood - I'm going to Puerto Rico next Saturday.

I haven't been through a Boston winter in 3 years and this one is wearing me out.

Enjoy your beach and palm tree time!

Finally on a PC I can cut n paste.... from the Hanover Lancers website. Their first practice was this past Sunday. Stopped by and bunch of people I didn't recognize... IOW people who joined within the last 2 years. :thumbup:

New Venue for the 2015 “Profiles In Music.”

It has become necessary for the Lancers to move our 2015 “Profiles In Music,” a Drum & Bugle Corps Showcase to a new location. We will be presenting the show from the auditorium of the Red Lion High School at 200 Horace Mann Avenue in Red Lion, PA 17356. The date and time will remain the same at Saturday, April 11th, beginning at 6:00pm.

The Lancers want to ensure you the professional atmosphere you’ve become accustomed to at the “Profiles In Music” will continue, as well as the quality of those performing in the show.

The 2015 show will include:

Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights of NJ

Connecticut Patriots of CT

Hawthorne Caballeros of NJ

Lancers Alumni of PA (the show hosts)

Reilly Raiders of PA

Saints Brigade of NY

U.S. Naval Academy of MD

the Westshoremen of PA

We thank you for your continued support and will look forward to entertaining you April 11, 2015. Should you have any questions regarding this posting, please feel free to contact me at the address found on this web site. Have a wonderful Fall and Holiday Season.

Tom Kittinger, Corps Director

Lancers Alumni Drum and Bugle Corps

I believe that's the Caballeros ALUMNI at that one :cool: ?

Yeah should be Cabs Alumni, think this confusion shows up every year.

Last time I know Cabs competing corps was at a Spring Show was Harrisburg the year they did 'Carmen'. Sounded good but corps was t-shirts as the unis had not arrived yet.

PS - one of these years Lancers will figure out if "Alumni" is part of the name or not. Betting less than half of the group marched with the competing corps. (pet peeve as not an "Alumni" either :soapbox: )

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Having the Bucaneers show and the Muchachos show on the same date is May is going to cut into both audiences I would think. I'm really hoping that was an oversight.

• Like 2

I'd argue it won't bite into the audience for Reading. Most of the folks who go to the Reading concert are the corps parents and friends, some alumni. Mostly a very local crowd from my observation when I went a couple of years ago. Other than Fran (who was MC'ing), Tony Little and myself, I really didn't see anyone without a direct Bucs connection there. I'm sure there were, but not all that many.

• Like 1

Interesting. I had figured with Fusion doing their first performance of their show for the season that would have brought in some followers of theirs, as well as DCA competitive corps in general.

The 2015 show will include:

Blessed Sacrament Golden Knights of NJ

Connecticut Patriots of CT

Hawthorne Caballeros of NJ

Lancers Alumni of PA (the show hosts)

Reilly Raiders of PA

Saints Brigade of NY

U.S. Naval Academy of MD

the Westshoremen of PA

I saw a video of the Connecticut Patriots... they're a fife and drum corps, and they are fantastic!!! A welcome addition to the show, for sure.

Interesting. I had figured with Fusion doing their first performance of their show for the season that would have brought in some followers of theirs, as well as DCA competitive corps in general.

It wasn't a sellout and Tony and I had no trouble sitting exactly where we wanted to sit, either. Faces were peeled quite nicely, I might add. :satisfied:

• Like 1