93 Star vs. 88 Madison

93 Star vs. 88 Madison  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which show do you prefer, 93 Star or 88 Madison

When I saw Star at DCI North in Buffalo in 93, the reaction to their show was stunned silence until the final minute or two. After the big hits at the end, people seemed to be on board and gave them a fantastic reaction.

I love the Scouts and their 88 championship show, but I listen to Star's 93 show far more often.

No credit to the drunken idiot during Star's encore performance in Buffalo that night :grrr:

I like progressive rock, so.......Star :)

" I think it's the French language itself that engenders about 90% of the criticism, given Americans' predisposition towards all things French."

I hope you are not dissing Regiment '15 already, Pete.

Given how many Napoleons and croissants have been downed by myself and others your exclusive statement may be a bit wanting.

But in truth, our "first allies" aren't always so enamored with Americans and their ways, especially Yank tourists.

Pittsburgh, Indy, Vincennes, Detroit, St. Louis, Vermont and New Orleans all owe their roots to the French.

Hah, not at all. To the French we owe not only victory in our civil war, but substantially the Enlightenment principles upon which our nation is founded. We are kindred nations. I'd say I'm a francophile, but I feel like I'd have to actively do something in furtherance of that to justify it. I'm looking forward to Phantom's show; does that count?

The similarity between '93 Star and BD 2012, 2013, is that these show productions met with some level of booing, and some level of becoming hot dog eating time for some fans from coast to coast when the '93 Star show came on the field. Both BD and Star likewise did and do have have levels of jealousy present and levels of resentment that both Corps organizations have more money and resources than God. That perhaps muddies the water of objectivity perhaps in some quarters, then, and perhaps now. BD is todays version of '93 Star in my opinion.... certainly in the level of jealousy and open hostility present, imo.

'88 Madison had no such response anywhere at the time of its live performance at Finals in 1988. It won with the judges, and was a huge hit with national audiences. The '88 Madison Scouts DCI winning finals performance equaled or even exceeded at the time the audience response received ( for example ) at last summer's Finals performance of the 2nd place 2014 Bluecoats wildly popular " Tilt " show production.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

88 also saw Madison on a tour in Europe and DCI was experimenting with prelim/finals order of performance. Which did make a big difference.

This, in my opinion, is a strange comparison. Because both show are vastly different in design style.

Was the original intent of the message based more on "what style or type of show design" do you prefer.

Either way, I think both shows were awesome........glad I got to see both live.

This, in my opinion, is a strange comparison. Because both show are vastly different in design style.

Was the original intent of the message based more on "what style or type of show design" do you prefer.

Either way, I think both shows were awesome........glad I got to see both live.

The above is likely THE most apt answer to this poll/question