Yay! I got my first official YouTube video removed...

gak27

...apparently my 39 second snippet from the "I Dreamed a Dream" portion of SCV2013 got too popular (43,000+ views) and it disappeared into the copyright ether. The opening hit clip, with only 500 views, still remains (but not for long).

Another mark on my permanent record... :dry:

• Like 1

Please refer to this thread.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/156591-over-the-top-dci-youtube-copyright-slap-down/

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

I know a guy whose transcription of their 2013 first hit was also taken down. So Vanguard was perhaps looking diligently for copyright the last few days

I also had a load of my SCV videos taken down in the last few days. SCV must be on a youtube copyright cleansing spree.....

How dare they! They shouldn't try to protect themselves by minimizing the number of illegal recordings out there. Let the people do what they want with the music, SCV!

How dare they! They shouldn't try to protect themselves by minimizing the number of illegal recordings out there. Let the people do what they want with the music, SCV!

There are many full corps shows posted on youtube right now. No one but SCV appear to be doing anything about it.

Edited by Lincoln

don't give them any ideas, Lincoln. It's going to be a looooong snowy weekend back East here.

7th Regt. has now postponed their camp and even the rugged Spartans have trimmed their schedule.

Edited by xandandl

don't give them any ideas, Lincoln. It's going to be a looooong snowy weekend back East here.

This copyright thing is all over the place. You have the main organization moving quickly on a threat while corps performances are posted on the internet and no one does anything about it.

I think DCI needs a "Captain Copyright." - and before the Mean Girls club here pipes in with their sarcastic comments, THIS IS A JOKE!

Edited by Lincoln

And now I've just had to sit through this to actually get back into my account: https://www.youtube.com/copyright_school and I actually had to answer the questions correctly to be able to continue...... Having a copyright strike against my account has also disabled a load of features.... glad I don't really use my account for much these days or I'd be majorly ###### off!

They've only removed 2 out of 6 videos though... wonder how long it will be before they are all gone...

Edited by Robq