Yay! I got my first official YouTube video removed...

gak27

Just did a check...there's a longer, shakier, different viewpoint video of the same part of the show as mine that's still up. Only 22K views though. It's been up over a year.

AND...there's a FULL 2013 vid of the show up that sure does look all official-like....just sayin'....

And now I've just had to sit through this to actually get back into my account: https://www.youtube.com/copyright_school and I actually had to answer the questions correctly to be able to continue...... Having a copyright strike against my account has also disabled a load of features.... glad I don't really use my account for much these days or I'd be majorly ###### off!

They've only removed 2 out of 6 videos though... wonder how long it will be before they are all gone...

They actually give you a video to watch and a test to pass to be able to continue with your YouTube account?

I'm not against the protection of copyright. I just wish the rules were concise.

Edited by Lincoln

They actually give you a video to watch and a test to pass to be able to continue with your YouTube account?

I'm not against the protection of copyright. I just wish the rules were concise.

10 Concise Rules For Those Wishing To Post Drum Corps Videos/Audios/Pictures/Food Truck Aromas

1. Can't

2. Forbidden

3. Strongly Forbidden

4. Probably shouldn't, but hasn't yet been determined since last Copyright Congress

5. Will be determined during the now-weekly session of the Copyright Congress

6. Only with the promise of one's first born child (or next-born, for those who already possess a previously-born)

7. Only with a signed affidavit from the Pope, and properly Notarized by God

8. Only in DCI-Sanctioned and approved Warm-Up Areas

9. Only if the composer/current copyright holder is dead, white, male, Republican, and died before 1725...B.C.

10. Never will be able to, in a hundred thousand million epochs

Edited by HornTeacher

Just did a check...there's a longer, shakier, different viewpoint video of the same part of the show as mine that's still up. Only 22K views though. It's been up over a year.

AND...there's a FULL 2013 vid of the show up that sure does look all official-like....just sayin'....

In light of the current flurry of activity, posting those facts here seems ...

• A. Prudent
  • B. Helpful to DCP
  • C. Unnecessary
  • D. Helpful to whoever is taking copyright action
  • E. All of the above

...apparently my 39 second snippet from the "I Dreamed a Dream" portion of SCV2013 got too popular (43,000+ views) and it disappeared into the copyright ether....

I do sympathize, having enjoyed many drum corps videos on Youtube, but I'm glad you're taking it with a light heart, because ultimately the snippet was never truly yours; you were just borrowing it. People who complain seriously about copyrighted material not being given away for free online should be complaining that they can't get free tickets to the shows, too.

(Although why they should demand the removal of such a short clip now I can't imagine. Congratulations on being so popular, I guess.)

10 Concise Rules For Those Wishing To Post Drum Corps Videos/Audios/Pictures/Food Truck Aromas

1. Can't

2. Forbidden

3. Strongly Forbidden

4. Probably shouldn't, but hasn't yet been determined since last Copyright Congress

6. Only with the promise of one's first born child (or next-born, for those who already possess a previously-born)

8. Only in DCI-Sanctioned Warm-Up Areas

9. Only if the composer/current copyright holder is dead, white, male, Republican, and died before 1725...B.C.

Well that made me laugh!

Well that made me laugh!

Glad to be of service...hey, it's FRIDAY, for cripe's sake!!! :smile:

1. Can't

2. Forbidden

3. Strongly Forbidden

8. Only in DCI-Sanctioned Warm-Up Areas

The H.T. rating system should be posted with each drum corps re-viewing whether taken from a video, cell phone, or other photographing means, including those secret tapes of Crown. SCV and BD in off-season production. This would protect all DCP posters from the IRS, Pentagon, and other affiliated agencies wreaking havoc through lawyers beating up on the drum corps and band geeks.

However, H.T., don't be surprised if Cesario, Chandler, Stan Berry and their crew come along looking for their cut. Supposedly, I once heard on a tour bus, that Big Mike did the similar color coding system for Homeland and has still yet to be paid his royalties. I remember this clearly for the article we were reading in the week old newspaper was right next to Bob Barker's obituary.

...apparently my 39 second snippet from the "I Dreamed a Dream" portion of SCV2013 got too popular (43,000+ views) and it disappeared into the copyright ether. The opening hit clip, with only 500 views, still remains (but not for long).

Another mark on my permanent record... :dry:

Maybe if you're Dream had remained something "Dreamed"....

I don't think the Copyright Police have jurisdiction in the La-La land of the subconscious.... :silly: