Yay! I got my first official YouTube video removed...

gak27

The H.T. rating system should be posted with each drum corps re-viewing whether taken from a video, cell phone, or other photographing means, including those secret tapes of Crown. SCV and BD in off-season production. This would protect all DCP posters from the IRS, Pentagon, and other affiliated agencies wreaking havoc through lawyers beating up on the drum corps and band geeks.

However, H.T., don't be surprised if Cesario, Chandler, Stan Berry and their crew come along looking for their cut. Supposedly, I once heard on a tour bus, that Big Mike did the similar color coding system for Homeland and has still yet to be paid his royalties. I remember this clearly for the article we were reading in the week old newspaper was right next to Bob Barker's obituary.

I should only imagine that the response was Dear Marie's "Qu'ils mangent de la Brioche!!!"

Certainment, d'accord; c'est vrai!

Ouf...si vous entendez des gens chantent!!! :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

And now I've just had to sit through this to actually get back into my account: https://www.youtube.com/copyright_school and I actually had to answer the questions correctly to be able to continue...... Having a copyright strike against my account has also disabled a load of features.... glad I don't really use my account for much these days or I'd be majorly ###### off!

They've only removed 2 out of 6 videos though... wonder how long it will be before they are all gone...

You should probably take the other 4 down, because I believe that your account is terminated after three strikes.

There are many full corps shows posted on youtube right now. No one but SCV appear to be doing anything about it.

That makes it wrong on SCV's part?

It really is a shame that Drum Corps & DCI don't understand the concept of free publicity, exposure & advertising.

• Like 1

It really is a shame that Drum Corps & DCI don't understand the concept of free publicity, exposure & advertising.

Is it really free if it causes a music licensing agency to tell SCV and/or DCI, "No we won't let you use [name a musical selection] because you didn't do enough to protect the performance of Les Miserable we licensed you from being given away online with no royalty to us"?

• Like 2

At the expense of major legal fees, future uses of music being lost in some cases, and potential prosecution of those responsible for allowing this to happen?

That's worth allowing videos out there?

Maybe you and the others that think DCI should allow it ought to pay the streaming fees that are starting to be required. And just do it for the shows and songs you like. Just make sure you have a minimum of several hundred thousand dollars annually to cover these fees.

Otherwise, it might help to learn about the topic in all level of music, art, film, television, and writing before jumping on the "blame DCI" bandwagon, because it's not about some 45 second SCV video that this issue is really about.

Although I guess those of us that think it's about DCI will probably never stop blaming them anyway.