3D "Visuals" in action... Some we could see in DCI some day?

What I can't imagine is that they actually found an insurance company willing to underwrite the whole thing. I can only imagine the cost of the premium.

I'm wondering if a public performance like this only needs an approval by someone higher up to get the greenlight.

Edited by Lincoln

I fully agree. What I can't imagine is that they actually found an insurance company willing to underwrite the whole thing. I can only imagine the cost of the premium.

It was in China....what makes you thing they were even WORRIED about insurance?

Really well done...I wonder if the acrobats had any skydiving experience, because that's the kiund of thing you see in a group setting.

Really well done...I wonder if the acrobats had any skydiving experience, because that's the kiund of thing you see in a group setting.

And so we have to await the return of the SkyRyders or are you saying this apt for Mandarins?

A very pertinent point, 84BD. However, even if there were no concern from the Chinese delegation, I would think that the IOC wouldn't have been as ignorant. Forget the performers...one unforseen failure in the lift system, with system equipment crashing upon a section of spectators? The lift system is more than just guide wires: I'm sure that other support equipment from above could cause, at best, very serious injury. However, I'll quit being a nervous Nellie and just enjoy the show for what it ended up being...simply spectacular.

However, I'll quit being a nervous Nellie and just enjoy the show for what it ended up being...simply spectacular.

Wish my wife would do that whenever we drive I70 through the Rockies. Had to do the PCH from South to North so she would be closer to land and not the Pacific Ocean and the guard rails. She has her initials on the passenger seat of Big Bird, but has never sat on the bike.

Edited by Ghost

Wish my wife would do that whenever we drive I70 through the Rockies. Had to do the PCH from South to North so she would be closer to land and not the Pacific Ocean and the guard rails. She has her initials on the passenger seat of Big Bird, but has never sat on the bike.

Oh...that's as in Interstate 70. Upon first reading, I thought it was 170 (as in MPH)....and my next thought was "She SHOULD be upset!!" Made me think of the old George Carlin line "Ever notice that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"

I fully agree. What I can't imagine is that they actually found an insurance company willing to underwrite the whole thing. I can only imagine the cost of the premium.

Do they worry about that sort of thing in China?